Lightning bolt on instrument cluster - Page 2 - Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2007 and up 6.7 liter Engine and Drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Lightning bolt on instrument cluster

Old 10-12-2011, 07:12 AM   #16  
Jrr

I just use the stick on colored dots works great and if you write small they work as sticky dots...
Jrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 04:18 PM   #17  
DTR Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake Clark View Post
Hmmm.....

Careful analysis of this post reveals three key phrases that seem to be missing.

1. I deleted
2. Holy Crap!
3. OMGWOWKTHXBYE!

I am curious. I only have one year left on the warranty... what kind of mpg increase are you seeing and how does the truck run? I don't want to put a box on it but I would like to do the DPF delete and the EGR delete. What's the cost?
jthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 05:21 PM   #18  
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Location: Home: Kaplan, LA - Pipelining In: St Clairsville, OH
Quote:
Originally Posted by jthorpe View Post
I am curious. I only have one year left on the warranty... what kind of mpg increase are you seeing and how does the truck run? I don't want to put a box on it but I would like to do the DPF delete and the EGR delete. What's the cost?
Never did run it without a box. With the Smarty on SW3 and stock tires I saw 3.5 to 4 depending on how I drove it.

Delete pipe (not turbo back, just the DPF and NOX) is about 200. Not sure how much the sims are right now.

I would put a Smarty Jr on it. To be honest, if you havent had any issues yet, you wont have any in the next year, driving with some sense that is.

Call up the guy who runs the DTR store. He MIGHT give you a discount.

Blake Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:22 AM   #19  
DTR Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake Clark View Post
Never did run it without a box. With the Smarty on SW3 and stock tires I saw 3.5 to 4 depending on how I drove it.

Delete pipe (not turbo back, just the DPF and NOX) is about 200. Not sure how much the sims are right now.

I would put a Smarty Jr on it. To be honest, if you havent had any issues yet, you wont have any in the next year, driving with some sense that is.

Call up the guy who runs the DTR store. He MIGHT give you a discount.

Ok, I'm gonna call myself and give myself a discount. LOL

Oh wait, you said "Runs" the DTR Store. Yep, better call Lary. LOL
jthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 06:10 PM   #20  

i always replace all the batteries at the same time. it seems the older one will drain the newer one down to its level. most people that replace one will have to do the other soon afterwards anyway.
shorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 07:11 PM   #21  
Cummins Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrahs View Post
test both batteries. have seen it way too many times a dead battery is the cause. (low voltage). make sure you load test each battery disconnected from the truck. a dead battery will still show 12v so load test them.
I X2 this
BigIron70 is offline   Reply With Quote