3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2007 and up 6.7 liter Engine and Drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

J35 recall/flash

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 04:51 AM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by cbrahs
never, you can thank al gore and the tree huggin hippies and the epa for that one. do the deletes and be done with it.
Chris For President!!!!!

Really though, thats the Gods honest truth. Delete that crap and forget about it.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
J35 Recall

Had the J35 recall done and fuel filter upgrade last Thursday. I don't know what to make of this, but my truck is running smooth, feels like better power and the shift pattern is different for the better. The on board mpg liar shows a couple miles better than usual. But.................I've had 2 occasions after the truck set for an hour with doors locked that my key fob would not unlock the doors. Used the key, and then got the panic horn. Any ideas? Note: I tried both key fobs.

I may not like what our government is doing, but I'll stand up for the USA any day!!! Thank a soldier for the privilege we have to live here. And thank all of you for the info i've gotten from reading your post.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:31 PM
With age comes the cage

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Blake Clark
Chris For President!!!!! Really though, thats the Gods honest truth. Delete that crap and forget about it.
X2 for presidential nomination..

However the Tier 4 emissions regulations for 2014 is basically going to park the majority of diesel powered vehicles (on or off road). That is why the 2011 4500/5500 trucks will have the urea injection system..

Hopefully the new president will change that and send E-Gorp and his greedy pocket pickin' buddies a packin'.. We could even give them a great big push with our trucks..

Old 05-12-2010, 02:44 PM

J35 with H&S delete and edge juice

I run an h&s delete on my truck with an edge juice with attitude. Had to have to warranty work done the other day because of leaking engine coolant. Anyway I put the truck back to stock for the visit and while it was there they gave me this J35 flash. My question is am I going to run into any trouble if I stick my delete and edge back on the truck? Thanks.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:30 AM

I went ahead and took a leap to be the experimental guinea pig for everyone. Got bored tonight and stuck my edge juice with attitude and h&s delete back on my truck. I'll let everyone know how it went later on or just email me at jtaggie320@tamu.edu if u have questions. Just fill out a title with something that i won't mistake for junk mail.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by jtaggie320
I went ahead and took a leap to be the experimental guinea pig for everyone. Got bored tonight and stuck my edge juice with attitude and h&s delete back on my truck. I'll let everyone know how it went later on or just email me at jtaggie320@tamu.edu if u have questions. Just fill out a title with something that i won't mistake for junk mail.
I unplugged my egr, runs like it did before, shows better mpg. I also think the flash made the overhead more honest, before @ say 55, I would see some 20-22.2 mpg, now I see like 18-19 mpg at 55, probably more actual.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:27 PM

Bad news for me, just took it out for a drive with the delete kit on and it didn't take 5 minutes for a "Catalyst Full Service Required" warning to pop up on the overhead. No MIL and it didn't derate the HP but it continues to chime twice every 5 minutes and display the message. EXTREMELY annoying. Looks like I'm going back to stock until I can get this thing figured out. FML
Old 05-16-2010, 02:45 PM

Had the J35 done. First 50 miles pulling 15K fifth wheel and OH meter was 13.5 MPG. Never before received over 12.5 at 60 MPH interstate. When I left the RV shop, the 50 mile drive home was obveously in regen over 20 miles. Only received 10 MPG at best.
Old 05-16-2010, 05:29 PM

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by jtaggie320
Bad news for me, just took it out for a drive with the delete kit on and it didn't take 5 minutes for a "Catalyst Full Service Required" warning to pop up on the overhead. No MIL and it didn't derate the HP but it continues to chime twice every 5 minutes and display the message. EXTREMELY annoying. Looks like I'm going back to stock until I can get this thing figured out. FML
do you have the smarty ME upgrade?
Old 05-23-2010, 10:50 PM

hi fellas, just had the recall and now my tranny shifts like cr*p and I lost the tow/haul function. I can no longer use the rocker switch to to reduce my gear range. Why would they disable that???
Old 05-24-2010, 12:04 AM

Take it back. That should not happen.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by rraulston
hi fellas, just had the recall and now my tranny shifts like cr*p and I lost the tow/haul function. I can no longer use the rocker switch to to reduce my gear range. Why would they disable that???
I used mine on a rv trip after the flash, worked great.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:57 AM

I WISH I read this before I brought my truck in this morning. My truck runs great, but if the mileage is going to drop, then why even bother? I'll actually check the tow/haul function too. Thanks for the heads up rraulston.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:00 PM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by warriorboomz33
I WISH I read this before I brought my truck in this morning. My truck runs great, but if the mileage is going to drop, then why even bother? I'll actually check the tow/haul function too. Thanks for the heads up rraulston.
Thats how I feel...

Especially if someone just got clued in on the California Deletes.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by warriorboomz33
please let us know if you have the same issue, as far as I know, ime the only one. I just got the truck, so I hope like heck ime turning it on right, or ill look stupid. Cruising down the road @ 50mph, i just push the button and toggle the "-" and the "D" should change to 5, 4 ect right?? I even tried it from a stop in drive and cant get it to change at all. Even tried it in Park.

Quick Reply: J35 recall/flash