3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2007 and up 6.7 liter Engine and Drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Got it ordered!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 08:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got it ordered!!!!!!

well I now have on it's way a new 07' quad cab cab & chassis, mineral gray paint, with gray leather, 6 spd. manual tranny, Laramie pkg., 3:73 gears, exhaust brake, I also have a new Hillsboro aluminum flatbed to slap on it as soon as it gets here, so how long are you guys waiting on these things to come in????? I'm already anxious, not sure how I'm gonna make it through the 5-8 weeks it's supposed to take it to come in!!!! can't wait to take it for a spin!!! LOL, Dusty
Old 01-10-2007, 08:29 PM

NICE!!! Be sure to keep us informed!!!
Old 01-10-2007, 08:52 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How long's your warranty going to last?
Old 01-10-2007, 08:56 PM

Congratulations Dusty!!

If you don’t mind me asking, what did the new aluminum flatbed set you back? Also what length flatbed did your order?
Old 01-11-2007, 06:25 AM

the bed is 9' 2" the regular 9' bed's won't fit the new C&C trucks, & it's gonna run me about $3400 installed, as far as the warranty, unless a set of autometers voids the warranty, then it outta be ok, not planning on any boxes or tuners for this one, costs too much to work on them to go messin up the warranty!! LOL Dusty
Old 01-11-2007, 07:25 AM

WOW! That’s a great deal, for an aluminum bed! I’ll have to keep Hillsboro Industries in mind.

I always wanted to build an aluminum one, when I built my last one aluminum had just gone through the roof, so I made it out of steel. Grand total was around $4,000.00 but $1,850.00 was for the 10-ton hydraulic lift, $700.00 for automotive paint. Which left roughly $1,450.00 for steel, lumber, and miscellaneous items. Ended up weighing just under 1-ton, with lift, bumper, toolboxes, (empty)
Attached Thumbnails Got it ordered!!!!!!-dumping.jpg   Got it ordered!!!!!!-front-view.jpg   Got it ordered!!!!!!-side-view.jpg  
Old 01-11-2007, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Dusty Ratcliff
well I now have on it's way a new 07' quad cab cab & chassis..... Dusty
I am just beginning the process, how did you go about it. why did you choose the dealer you did? My problem with most dealers around here is they have no idea about trucks. why the 3.73 gear? what did you get to test drive?

sorry for the questions, just thought it would be neat to see how it worked for someone else- maybe might prevent me from making a mistake or insure I ask the right questions....
Old 01-11-2007, 04:56 PM

well I started out talking to a dealership in Hickory, N.C that sells alot of trucks on ebay, then I figured I may as well give the local dealer a try & they beat the dealer in Hickory's price so I just went ahead & ordered from them, I like the 3:73 gear better with any year model Dodge/Cummins, these engines have so much torque that I believe they pull better with the higher rear end, keeps the engine at a more efficient RPM range in my opinion? I pretty much knew to a "T" what I wanted to order, so I just sat down with the salesman & went through all the options & picked what I wanted & didn't want & then they got me a price from that, give LUKE S on here a shout & tell him what you want & he can give ya a good idea of what it's gonna cost to buy it, & also he may be ables to give ya some more pointers about dealing with the dealers!! let us know how it works out, Dusty
Old 01-11-2007, 07:16 PM

...he may be ables to give ya some more pointers about dealing with the dealers!! let us know how it works out, Dusty

Thanks, yeah I went to one here in town because they are the only business link one locally, but I don't like them. Anyway, they had one in stock for 3 seconds but as I was looking at it the sold sign went on The sales guy knew nothing about trucks so he refered me to "the expert". This was the only guy that ran the commercial division, and all he did was proceed to wow me with his info that I already knew, explain to me why I didn't want the options I was asking for, and I better hurry up and place my order by May so I can have it in time for October .
Old 01-20-2007, 12:19 AM

I'm already anxious, not sure how I'm gonna make it through the 5-8 weeks it's supposed to take it to come in!!!!
You'll make it somehow Use this time wisely to order up all the stuff you intend to put on the truck. Don't worry if the wife starts cause there's plenty of time to convince her of how necessary these things really are
Old 01-20-2007, 12:35 AM

They were right on the money with mine when I ordered it. They said about 6 weeks. I think it took about two days less than 6 weeks. That was supposed to be just for the truck to be built and delivered. The dealer still needed to install the Jake. So getting it as fast as I did was a good thing. They definitely didn't drag their feet.
Old 01-20-2007, 01:16 AM

that's good to know, I hope it doesn't take more than 8 weeks or so, the first figure I got was 5-6 weeks, & I'd love to think it could be here by then!!!! we'll see, I guess, I'll get some pics up as soon as it comes in!! Dusty
Old 01-20-2007, 01:52 AM

just out of ceriousity why the manual i thought the new auto was sa'post to be the S*it and also isn't the 6 speed man. rated at a lower weight for towing
Old 01-20-2007, 08:37 AM

can't stand an auto, regardless of how great it is, Aisin, Allison, whatever the maker, I use my truck on a daily basis & have tried to pull & more so stop a load with the older autos & they just can't cut it in the mountains, not to say that the new auto's with the exhaust brake wouldn't do the job, they very well might, but I just got burned out on an auto a long time ago, & doubt if I'll ever try another one for my working rig, may someday get a QC shortbed auto cummins for a toy, but not anytime soon, just prefer rowing through the gears myself that's all, Dusty