3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2007 and up 6.7 liter Engine and Drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

aftermarket exhaust no DPF!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 08:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking aftermarket exhaust no DPF!!

I spoke to NADP the other day and the owner just sold his insanely powerful 12 sec quarter mile dually, for a srw 6.7l at this time he is 80% sure that he has an exhaust system designed that will eliminate the emmision crap on the 6.7 he would not tell me how he was going to do it,(yet) but this guy know cummins CRD and i beleve he will pull it off, i'll know next month because he plans to compete his new truck at the august blackout in alberta, and this guy knows his stuff.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:46 PM

I will pay some bucks for that when i can get it.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:46 PM

Whomever comes to the party first is going to make LOTS of money.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:12 PM

talked to the guys at NADP also last week, sounds like 3 weeks and everything should be set. Programmer, Intake and full exhaust with the DPF gone.. Can't wait...
Old 07-22-2007, 11:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
has anybody just spaced the sensors out of the exhaust tubing??
that way the ECM thinks there is less air going by then there really is???
Old 07-23-2007, 01:13 PM
tcr

Holy crap, there is a God for you 6.7L owners! This is the best thing I've read yet. I wonder how legality loop holes are going to work for all of the "off road only" guys w/ strait-piped 6.7Ls. This thread is going to get good, or locked out
Old 07-23-2007, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by tcr
Holy crap, there is a God for you 6.7L owners! This is the best thing I've read yet. I wonder how legality loop holes are going to work for all of the "off road only" guys w/ strait-piped 6.7Ls. This thread is going to get good, or locked out

Do the Canadians have the same emissions laws that we do? If not, it may not even be a legality issue for them.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:16 PM

Any chance he will eliminate the EGR too?
Old 07-23-2007, 03:38 PM

And it'll be really fun for you guys when you need some warranty work too! I guess everybody just must have a heck of a lot more money than me?
Old 07-23-2007, 03:39 PM

Has it not been illegal even for the 2nd gens(that had cats) and the 3rds to have straight pipes?? Emissions tests are the only way they keep this in check. Pretty sure if the old ones didnt pass they made you put something back on. I always thought if a vehicle was manufactured with a cat or other emissions system and you took it off it was illegal in a sense that you would not pass emissions which is there only check on this stuff? If so wouldnt talk of all the straight pipes over the last how many years be locked???
Old 07-23-2007, 03:44 PM
tcr

Originally Posted by DieselGoose
Has it not been illegal even for the 2nd gens(that had cats) and the 3rds to have straight pipes?? Emissions tests are the only way they keep this in check. Pretty sure if the old ones didnt pass they made you put something back on. I always thought if a vehicle was manufactured with a cat or other emissions system and you took it off it was illegal in a sense that you would not pass emissions which is there only check on this stuff? If so wouldnt talk of all the straight pipes over the last how many years be locked???
Strait-piped w/ turbo as a "muffler" was never an issue until 2004.5 models that then came w/ Cats. Did 2002 and earlier models ever have cats?
Old 07-23-2007, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by tcr
Did 2002 and earlier models ever have cats?
No the did not.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:08 PM

I'm pretty sure my '00 had a cat. 3in inlet 4in outlet to muffler.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:11 PM

they had "resonators" that were basically the cat for the diesels, have they not all basically been a resonator on the diesels anyway? & goose, I had the same feeling about these threads being locked & all the hush hush stuff surrounding the 6.7L emmissions equipment, has it not been just as illegal to pull the muffler/resonator on the earlier models???? I mean in all seriousness what's the difference????? if the DPF being removed shouldn't be talked about in these forums then why can we talk about straight pipes on the earlier models??? not trying to be difficult or anything, but is there a difference, or some reason it's ok in the other forums & not here?? thanks, Dusty
Old 07-23-2007, 05:01 PM
Banned

Has anyone here read the write up at BullyDogs website bulldog.com, on their truck Pretty in Pink 6.7l. They state they put on a 6in. exhaust, but is it from the turbo back or DPF back. Anyway the article is pretty interesting on their products the have installed on the 6.7l. They claim estimated power with add-ons to be 415hp-994tq at rear wheels.

Quick Reply: aftermarket exhaust no DPF!!