3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

What type of MMO are ya'll using?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 01:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What type of MMO are ya'll using?

I went to my local auto store and they had two kinds of MMO, type that does not indicate use for diesel applications and one that said Ultimate.....and had directions on the back for use with Diesel fuel.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jason
Old 05-10-2006, 02:25 PM

The gallon I bought from NAPA did not say "ultimate".

I checked around the store to make sure that there were no others (types of MMO) and only found one type. It has directions for gas and diesel on the rear. I was confused the first time I went to go and buy this stuff too. I thought I was looking for a lubricant oil... The kind you would use for squeeky doors, bike chains, etc... Because I have a small bottle of MMO lubricant for those applications. However, I did not know there was another variant for automobile applications. I still don't know if they are the same?? The version for auto use seems to be thinner. Anyhow, I bet both types you are looking at are fine.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:30 PM

I've never seen but ONE type.The Red and Black can its always been in.Has directions on the can for crankcase or for fuel etc.
Old 05-10-2006, 04:03 PM

Wally World Red bottle w/Black label in Gallon jug kind.

Bottle says: Original Formula on front of bottle near pour spout.

Back of jug has MM014 and a BAR Code label # 7787400014

I seem to recall that someone on BITOG did an analysis on MMO and it was said to contain a good bit of Stoddard Solvent in it. Guess that is what helps keep injectors clean.

I also looked up the website listed on the MMO jug: http://www.marvelmysteryoil.com

I'll be darned if I could find ANYTHING about their MMO products other than a press release buried under news. Seems since Turtle Wax bought them they want to use the MMO name to push their wax products and keep the mystery alive.

Here is what I found:

"HIT THE CAR WITH YOUR BEST SHOT

Marvel Mystery Oil Unveils A One-Shot Stop
CHICAGO-Marvel® Mystery Oil is taking the mystery out of how much of the product should be added to each tank of gas. With its new packaging, the same great formula will now come in convenient, easy pour, one-time use, "one-shot" containers.

"People know Marvel Mystery Oil can be added to the fuel or oil to make their vehicle run more efficiently, but they're not always sure how much to add when filling up the tank," said Kristi Chapetta, Marvel Mystery Oil marketing manager. "We developed the One-Shot, pre-measured container, so consumers can easily add it to their gas tank when fueling-up."

Marvel Mystery Oil not only increases gas mileage, it also cleans fuel pumps and injectors, combats internal motor rust and corrosion, lubricates valves, piston rings and upper cylinder walls - all things that prolong the life of a car and increase resale value. Think of Marvel Mystery Oil as the energy drink for your engine.

The pre-measured One-Shots come in handy four packs to cover you for a full month and keep your car running at peak performance. With the new One-Shots, Marvel easily becomes part of your pump routine. Each time you fill-up, pour it in and toss it out.

In addition to the One-Shots, Marvel is available in a Lubricant Spray, Heavy Duty Oil Stabilizer, Air Tool Oil and Super Gas Treatment.

" Marvel Mystery Oil Lubricant Spray - Now in a new trigger spray bottle, it easily coats metal surfaces and tools. Lubricates small close fitting parts and penetrates through rust and corrosion. " Heavy Duty Oil Stabilizer - Effectively extends engine life by preventing viscosity breakdown, oil thinning, oil consumption, engine wear and oil leaks. " Air Tool Oil - Prevents rust formation while providing positive lubrication for smooth starting and longer tool life. Assures maximum performance by dissolving gum and sludge that cut down tool speed and reduce power output. " Super Gas Treatment - Extends engine life by cleaning and protecting entire fuel system. Increases fuel economy and fights gas line freezing. For more information about Marvel Mystery Oil products please visit www.turtlewax.com.

About Marvel Mystery Oil Formerly a product of the Marvel Oil Company, Marvel Mystery Oil was developed in 1923. It gained notoriety for its ability to minimize engine wear and improve gas mileage. Its popularity spread with the Federal exhaust emission regulations and the importance vehicle owners were placing on car maintenance. Acquired by Turtle Wax ® in 1999, the brand continues to be one of the best known names in its field, with its make-up still a "mystery." "