3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

TSB cost

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 11:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did YOU just now noticed these items were wrong with your truck? Old TSB's and OLD early on problems.Most of the vehicles I saw like that HAD no service history at any dealer.Not ALL but MOST.I could have ASSUMED wrong if if so I aplogize.ESTIMATES on vehicles OUT of warranty normally are ALWAYS given.No one works free.Then IF its a warranty item or out of warranty approved then its no charge cause D.C. or what ever factory pays the bill.I had a REP about 6 months ago said HE encourages HIS dealers to TAKE CARE of KNOWN problems on out of warranty if a commonly used TSB applies.The SERVICE MANAGER has IN HOUSE auth.to approve this.NOT a service writer unless he's a good one and handles it with the service manager.I use to on ones I knew woukld be covered.Run in HIS office and say This was a flash,steering vibe etc and ONLY 40k sign this.Oh OK was the NORMAL responce.I would try MY damnest to get them covered if customer was adiment and it was a legit repair.I wanted the repair and bill paid and DIDN"T CARE BY WHO in a way.I ALSO made some LONG lasting customers I got to know well and WELL meant MORE repairs at some point in time.Call D.C. and *****.Call the service manager or director and TELL him WE ALL know there KNOWN problems and OTHER dealer's have been doing them with a SMILE(mention FORUMs) My neighbor got a alt.bracket and p/s hose Tsb done (little tooth pulling with 90k on his at N/C. The REP I talked to did NOT want tooth pulling,wanted it done with I bet WE can get it handled andthen get it done.These issues COULD have been discussed and a YES or NO iif that IS the problem given before vehicle ever went into a bay.That stopped any UPSETS before it got to a tech etc.With a open MIND that IF its not a repair that is TSB releated there WILL be charges for the LOOK SEE.
Old 10-24-2005, 02:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No appology needed man, I was just confused there re TSB application

I do all the regular maintenance, per the owners guide, and bring my cars in to someone when its more than I care to deal with. In the case of this truck it had been in to this very dealer twice.

What bothers me is not that they wanted an estimate agreement up front (I agreed to the charges if the TSBs werent covered), rather that even though the TSBs were covered, I still got nailed for $172. This bothers me even more because I know there are dealers out there doing things right. Hey, for all I know even Lithia Dodge does things right when you get the right service writer. In my case, for one reason or another, I over paid by a factor of three. That, IMHO, is ridiculous, but there was no way of getting out of it by arguing with a cashier at 6:15pm. I wrote their customer service rep, we'll see if he/she does anything.