3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Truck acting weard

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 11:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Truck acting weard

I was driving down the hwy with the cruise on, the truck excellerated then an alarm dinged and went back to normal then excellerated and dinged again and started to spudder like it was running out of fuel and then excellerated again, this time when I was looking at the speedometer it went to zero and then back up to 70. I then hit the brake and the cruise went off. The dash brake and ABS lights came on. I continued to drive the truck another 30 miles, with and without the cruise on with out incident. I checked the engine codes at the local parts store but there were none. I did not have a way to check the ABS system. The warning lights on the dash went away just as I was returning on my trip back (a couple hours later) the simular thing happened at the same location as before. The warning lights stayed on even after several restarts. I will have to take it into the dealer to see what the codes are. The truck is a 2006 5.9L 4X4 SL. This happened tonight. I had to drive over 150 mile more to return back home with no additional issues other then the lights on. I've never drove through this area before. I will see what it acts like tomorrow. When its below 0 I've had excelleration trouble like the pedal keeps getting pushed but that is not what this was like. Has anyone had this type of problem before?
Old 02-01-2010, 09:19 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Any lights in the sky? Strange cylindrical shapes? I saw a movie once, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, where this same scenario took place. Gauges jumping around, warning lights going on and off....

Turns out it was an alien space ship right behind the guy. Hovered over him a while then took off. Then his truck was normal again.

Just sayin, it could be. That was in Utah. Were you driving in Utah when this happened?
Old 02-01-2010, 02:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like an electrical short. Check that wire under the AC compressor and I think the harnesses going into the block can be an issue. Start it up and play with any and all connections to see if you can make something happen...or wear a tinfoil hat.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nore to the story.

Thanks for the replies.
It's funning how you guys replied. I didn't say where I was because I was just North of Artisia, New Mexico, South East of Roswell. That's why I didn't say. It freaked me out when it did it again at the same location on the way back.

I dropped it off at the shop today. I forgot I added an extended warranty when I bought the truck. It has a transmission leak too.