3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Injector poblems continue 06 mega cab!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 01:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Injector poblems continue 06 mega cab!

OK, some of you characters called me a troll for my last two posts. Well today after just receiving my truck back last week from a blown turbo caused by another stuck injector....I drove to Sun Valley with no load what so ever and upon arrival the rig once again smelled of fuel. Opened the hood checked the oil and sure enough 4,5,6 qts over full(all fuel in the oil). Are you kidding me! I am not here to bash dodge, SO PLEASE CHILL, in fact I love the truck overall but to date this being the 3rd time in 10 months its getting stupid. Parked it and called the dealer. They are towing it the 175 miles to get it bacK in their own shop. Dealer has been great but I'm dumbfounded as to why friggin chrysler wont pony up to just replace all the injectors at once. Speaking to the service manager it seems Chrysler is battleing with cummins about parts pertaining to this and other issues . They cant get parts unless specifically ordered due to warranty issues. He says hes going to scream this time until they will opt to replace this as well as the remaining three injectors that have not gone YET> I cant believe I am the only one out there with injector problems. Oh yea I this time the service guy was all hot on asking, "are yo sure its stock, no programmer or chip" Sorry guys...BONE STOCK.
Sounds like a rant tonight but just a bit miffed right now... Anyone else have injector issues?
Old 12-22-2006, 09:21 AM

I'd be chillin' waiting for the 3-strike rule - LEMMON LAW. In fact, that IS exactally what I would be saying to them so they would get ALL the injectors done right. It is not your problem that DC and Cummins are battling about parts, it's theirs. All of us already know that Cummins does not warranty your engine, DC does, that has been stated by Cummins to many people. So, I would be telling the dealership to stop crying about the problem and just get my truck fixed. Maybe someone needs to tell DC they need a talk with the people at GM, because GM got off the stick and fixed the trucks with the injector problems, extended warranties, and satisfied the customers. Maybe DC need a little schooling about all of this? You ARE NOT the only one with this problem, lots of guys getting/having the same, maybe you all need to get together like the GM guys and file a group complaint to the proper agency? You can say what you want about it all, but NUMBERS speak louder. Ultimately you are the ones making payments during down times, and will continue until everyone gets together on the matter. It DID get GM off their butts and forced them to make things right for all concerned.

I have not had problems with my 2006, hopefully I will not, but you can be certain about one thing, if I do you will be reading a post on EVERY related site seeking ALL of those with problems and putting a list together for the proper legal actions to take place to get it right once and for all. Everyone needs to get together and stick together and take action. I wish you nothing but success in solving this situation.

CD
Old 12-22-2006, 07:20 PM
Muted User

Like said, 3 times and they have to take it back, I lemoned a Ford mustang a few years ago because they couldn't get the engine light to stay off. The only problem I had was they charged me for the usage I had on the car which was about 6K miles, which meant I came up with about another 4grand to get into the replacement car which I thought was BS, but you see I'm not driving another Ford now.
Old 12-22-2006, 07:25 PM

Let us know if you take a lemon on it, I would sure like to know how well DC is standing behind these trucks.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:45 AM
PCM

I had 6 new injectors put on my 06 RAM diesel at less than 20k miles. They, also, relfashed the computer and placed a sticker indicating so on the underside of the hood with the dealer number, date and the following PN#35325553AS. That is all I know, however, since the new injectors and the reflash it has never run better. It is quieter, smells less, doen NOT smoke at start up each morning, and even the shift points are better. Not sure, but mpg appears to better. So far, it is awesome and I hope it will continue to be. Good luck.
Old 11-03-2007, 09:40 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I have read on here that several folks with an 06' that had an injector go they ended up replacing all 6 injectors the first time. Hmm? Don't know why your dealer couldn't get them all replaced. From what I have read Bosch let a bad batch of injectors get out and they are in some of the 06 trucks. Make them replace all six again or at least the other 3 or however many originals are left. Just be firm, they'll do it. Very frustrating I bet.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:06 AM

That's why I don't want a Megacab!

Pete
Old 11-03-2007, 01:19 PM
Banned

pettle, when was your 06 made? Where was it made Mex or St. Louis? Just curious....
Old 11-03-2007, 01:46 PM
Banned

I guess every dealer is different. My Service Manager and Lead Diesel Tech at my local Dodge Dealer. Told me they don't bother changing only the bad injectors. They replace all of them at once and don't mess around. They know usually when one goes. Another will follow it.

Also they told me. They don't have to go back to Chrysler for warranty if there is an injector problems w/ 5.9's for replacements. If there is no visual signs of a programmer/tuner (basically leaving it on when you bring it in) they will replace the injectors. Has to do w/ the 6.7 trucks out now and ULSD. They are figuring out the ULSD can cause bad injectors.

I guess I am one of the lucky ones w/ a dealer w/ competent people running and working on trucks.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:11 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Spooler
From what I have read Bosch let a bad batch of injectors get out and they are in some of the 06 trucks.
Where did you read this? If it was online do you have a link?

It wouldn't surprise me. 2 of my stock injectors had different part numbers and were said to be refurbished units.

Originally Posted by Peterbilt
That's why I don't want a Megacab!

Pete
Great post. Thanks for sharing.