3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

FS2500 installed......

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 04:53 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FS2500 installed......

I've read up on a lot of by-pass filter over the last few weeks. I was real close to installing Pure Power stainless steel filter but, after seeing SO many disagreements when I posted asking about it, I decided to send it back. I may still go for it but, I'll give it some time on the market first.

I've used SS oil filters in my KTM for years and IMO, they work excellent. A lot of guys who responded to my post have been around diesels much longer than I so, I figured I should stick with a medium of filtration that's known to work on our diesels.

So, I went with the FS2500. I bought the filter without hoses and installed my own hoses. I also purchased the BK valve cover return cap. I have to say they way this thing is build, it could be the " black box " on an airplane. The bracket bolts to the block in the space in front of the fuel rail. The bracket is really built and as tough as the filter housing.

It has extra ports to make a double filter by-pass if you wanted. It also has a needle attachment to draw oil samples.

Most feel the cost for this filter is too much but, then so are a lot of things. My truck was too much so, if I need to spend some more to keep it on the road longer... why not. As a business owner myself, I understand businesses are in it to make money. They also want to cover their overhead otherwise what's the point of doing it. Sure, there are other options but, I feel this is a very quality product and worth the cost.

Old 02-08-2007, 05:16 PM

who makes this and what kind of filter is inside?
Old 02-08-2007, 05:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There are a couple of these on Ebay right now for cheap money without the hoses.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jawsman@sbcglob
who makes this and what kind of filter is inside?
It's a company called Filtration Solutions World Wide.

As for what the filters made out of... I'm not sure. I believe it's some sort of synthetic woven fiber.

http://filtrationsolutionsww.com/
Old 02-08-2007, 06:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by trik396
There are a couple of these on Ebay right now for cheap money without the hoses.
Yeap, that' where I got mine. This is the guy selling them on ebay....

http://www.accuratediesel.com/

I checked with FS2500 and they said he's a legit dealer for them. I've purchased several things from him. He's a very fair and honest dealer on ebay and through his store. Great deals on Stanadyne too!
Old 02-08-2007, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by tritont
It's a company called Filtration Solutions World Wide.

As for what the filters made out of... I'm not sure. I believe it's some sort of synthetic woven fiber.

http://filtrationsolutionsww.com/
I just met with them today, if you need anything from them call Chris and he will take care of you. I told him that a lot of people here and other forums talk about the product and he is going to join here and a few others to try and answer any questions. Until then he is willing to talk to anyone who wants info, go to the website to get the number as I am not sure I am supposed to post it here.
Old 02-11-2007, 12:40 AM

Where to buy hoses and Cap?

I bought the filter without hoses and installed my own hoses. I also purchased the BK valve cover return cap.
Where did you purchase your hoses and cap? They look really sharp. I have been waiting for a funding bill from Congress (the wifey) to purchase the FS2500. I have free oil changes for life (last coupon expires in 2012) and get one every 3k miles so it is not a high priority right now, (but I like to act on upgrades right away once I get approval, before she changes her mind).
Old 02-11-2007, 12:47 AM

so what was the total cost on this set-up?? If you don't mind me asking
looks super clean just like the rest of your truck
Old 02-11-2007, 02:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by kokalit
Where did you purchase your hoses and cap? They look really sharp. I have been waiting for a funding bill from Congress (the wifey) to purchase the FS2500. I have free oil changes for life (last coupon expires in 2012) and get one every 3k miles so it is not a high priority right now, (but I like to act on upgrades right away once I get approval, before she changes her mind).

I used NOS hoses. You can do a search online and find several places that will make them for you. The cap is a BK part number from Amsoil. You can find any one of the Amsoil dealers here to get one for you.
Old 02-11-2007, 02:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 53 ******
so what was the total cost on this set-up?? If you don't mind me asking
looks super clean just like the rest of your truck
I have about $375 into it. thanks for the compliment
Old 02-11-2007, 03:43 PM

Triton,

If you could snap a picture of the replacement element I would appreciate it. IIRC, it's an oversized roll of TP. TP filtration is hard to beat due to the depth media that the oil must pass through.

Motor Guard and Frantz use smaller elements (TP) which require more frequent changes, but the cost of their replacement elements and the housing itself is quite a bit less that the FS-2500 element and housing.

By the way, nice looking install
Old 02-11-2007, 04:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Arkapigdiesel
Triton,

If you could snap a picture of the replacement element I would appreciate it. IIRC, it's an oversized roll of TP. TP filtration is hard to beat due to the depth media that the oil must pass through.

Motor Guard and Frantz use smaller elements (TP) which require more frequent changes, but the cost of their replacement elements and the housing itself is quite a bit less that the FS-2500 element and housing.

By the way, nice looking install
It's not at all a roll of TP. I wouldn't touch a filter set up like that. Sure you might have some filtration with it but, you also have a pound of TP lint seeping into the motor.

The FS filter is a regular style filter that looks a lot like a Ram fuel filter, without the pleats. I have an extra which is at my shop so, it's not handy to take a pic of. I'm pretty sure the element is synthetic fiber. The filter itself is around $20.

If you're skeptical about this filter, you should call and have them send you the DVD of the filter at work. It's amazing what it will do!

and thanks for the compliment ;-)
Old 02-11-2007, 04:24 PM

Sure you might have some filtration with it but, you also have a pound of TP lint seeping into the motor.

I thought you said you researched filtration systems out there? Apparently someone has been filling your head with untruths.

Why don't you check out Bob is the Oil Guy and scroll down to the bypass filters section to learn about different systems out there.
Old 02-11-2007, 04:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Arkapigdiesel

I thought you said you researched filtration systems out there? Apparently someone has been filling your head with untruths.

Why don't you check out Bob is the Oil Guy and scroll down to the bypass filters section to learn about different systems out there.
I don't care what guys on Bob the oil guy say. Does it mean it's the gospel if Bob mention something ? TP IMO, is NOT the way to go.

and FYI yes, I did research. To each their own brotha! You obviously think Amsoil is all that. I have a much different opinion.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:02 PM

I don't care what Bob the oil guy says. Does it mean it's the gospel if Bob mention something ? TP IMO, is NOT the way to go.

and FYI yes, I did research. To each their own brotha!
Right on. To each his own.

FYI, Bob doesn't recommend a thing...BITOG is just the name of the forum just as this forum is called Diesel Truck Resource, but the people over there tend to know a little more than the average person when it comes to oil and filtration.

I just wanted to make sure that people didn't believe that TP would actually go into the oil. That's pure bunk. TP filters have been used for many, many years and have proven themselves with great UOA's and particle counts.

Back when I had a TP filter on my ferd 6.0 my oil was said to "look as clean or cleaner than new oil out of the bottle" per Butler Labs on one of my UOA's (7000 miles on the sample). So, TP has more than "some filtration" with it as you claim.

It's only fair for people to know both sides of the story and not believe everything that one person claims. I've tested dang near every oil under the sun so I'd like to think that I'm somewhat educated on oils and what different filtration systems have to offer.

By the way, Amsoil isn't TP filtration.....I assume you know that.

Quick Reply: FS2500 installed......