3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Common Problems and How Do I Articles Needed....

Old 10-26-2006, 04:18 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation Common Problems and How Do I Articles Needed....

Fellas im looking for some help on compiling some of the common problems or questions that come up often associated with the 3rd gen CR engine for the tech facts section. Basically what im looking for is a list of some good threads that have helped out alot of owners.

You can either PM me with your article or you can post a link to the thread within this thread. Thanks in advance. Monty
Old 11-04-2006, 08:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here you go Monty, this thread helped me a lot with the high Idle feature on my 6 speed G56......

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...d.php?t=120288

Old 11-13-2006, 02:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had my fuel pump go out and have heard that many others have as well, unfortunately I don't have to much info on it...except that the code that flashes on your dash is P0628... something to look into
Old 11-30-2006, 05:55 PM

U/Joints would be a good topic
Old 12-18-2006, 03:30 PM

How Do I...

Actually I'm thinking about changing my trans fluid and adjusting the bands. A "how to" on this would be good for us beginners. Like how to remove the Valve Body to get that extra quart of fluid out. Pictures and steps from a pro or a reputable source would be great.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:44 AM

Valve bodys are very sensitive.I like I'd leave it alone.Dosen't take much to warp one.I'd let a shop use a fliud exchange on it quicker then I'd monkey around with the valve body.
Old 12-22-2006, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by kennymac131
Actually I'm thinking about changing my trans fluid and adjusting the bands. A "how to" on this would be good for us beginners. Like how to remove the Valve Body to get that extra quart of fluid out. Pictures and steps from a pro or a reputable source would be great.
thats alota work to get one quart out when the torque converters gonna have 3 or 4 left in it.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:56 PM

My lower rad. hase clamp broke in 2 and was seeping coolent. I know of one other person on here that it happed to as well. Mine's an early 06.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:07 PM

I think cablights install would be nice and the fuel filter step through would be good to add. Plus common things like 'How big a tire can I run without a lift?' would be good.
The following users liked this post:
sidewayzz (06-17-2020)
Old 01-06-2007, 07:58 PM

How about brakes?

I've done plenty of brakes in Honda's, Ford's and even done a few Chevy's, Jeeps and VW's but never on a Dodge. With these prior vehicles, most needed something odd like torq sockets or some goofy tool to pull back in the piston in the rear calipers because of the E-brakes.

Can come one post a how-to on brakes so some of aren't surprised when we take the wheel off? It sure is nice when you know exactly which size socket or goofy tool one needs to get the job done, instead of having to run to a store after the wheels are off.

Thanx!
Old 02-21-2007, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Crabjoe
How about brakes?

I've done plenty of brakes in Honda's, Ford's and even done a few Chevy's, Jeeps and VW's but never on a Dodge. With these prior vehicles, most needed something odd like torq sockets or some goofy tool to pull back in the piston in the rear calipers because of the E-brakes.

Can come one post a how-to on brakes so some of aren't surprised when we take the wheel off? It sure is nice when you know exactly which size socket or goofy tool one needs to get the job done, instead of having to run to a store after the wheels are off.

Thanx!
I can tell you that there are no special torq bits or any other required for the brake job. But remember that our brakes have twin calipers so you will need something to press one back in and hold the other. Make sure that you take off the cap on the brake fluid reservoir so the fluid can fill it back up as you press in the calipers. I usually use a C-clamp to hold one and large channel locks to press the other back in. And don't forget to replace the cap when you are done (they are around 25 bucks at the dealer ship, trust me, I know).
Old 03-05-2007, 08:21 PM

Actually you don't want the fluid to push back into the reservoir, this will contaminate the ABS with the old dirty overheated fluid. Instead put some fluid in an old bottle, ( soda bottle will work fine ) , open your bleeder and then push the pistons back. This will also flush the old fluid out of your callipers. Then just top off you reservoir with new fluid.
The following users liked this post:
SnowmanTX (08-28-2020)
Old 03-21-2007, 07:07 AM

Talking

Monty;

I am currently working on a gauge install write up for the thrid gen trucks. This will include some 14 photos, and a compilation of the lessons learned for installing the Fuel Press, Boost, Pyro, and a Rail Pressure unit. specifically included will be information for wiring the optix units. I will also cover the installation of the earlier Diprocol units before the Optix series.

R/
Eric
Old 03-21-2007, 01:51 PM

Vibrations vibrations VIBRATIONS!

Many, many guys have had problems with their trucks, and many have still not solved it. Myself included.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:06 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 53 ******
Here you go Monty, this thread helped me a lot with the high Idle feature on my 6 speed G56......

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...d.php?t=120288

Yeah, post # 23.

That guy came here, laid down some awesome info and then ran off (last activity 12/3)? That was the only thread he ever contributed to also.....?

Good write up, I nominated that one for a "Tech Facts" a while back myself.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Common Problems and How Do I Articles Needed....