3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

any ex 6.0 Ford guys here?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 10:53 AM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had a 03 6.0 Lariet. Baught it brand new from the dealership and was the truck of my dreams untill it turned into a nightmare. Left me on the side of the road way too many times and spent more time in the dealership garage than my own. Called Ford Arbitrations and they lemoned the truck with no questions asked. Took the money and baught me a Cummins
Old 08-19-2009, 04:08 PM
MTC

Originally Posted by cincydiesel
Had a 03 6.0 Lariet. Baught it brand new from the dealership and was the truck of my dreams untill it turned into a nightmare. Left me on the side of the road way too many times and spent more time in the dealership garage than my own. Called Ford Arbitrations and they lemoned the truck with no questions asked. Took the money and baught me a Cummins
My exact scenario, except mine was an '04. The truck left me on the side of the road too many times...couple times with trailer.

4 EGR's, two turbos, two trannies, loose front end, and an intercooler hose that would pop off all the time at the worst times...Im prolly forgetting something...one good thing though, it drove me to a Cummins
Old 08-19-2009, 04:16 PM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

Originally Posted by MTC
My exact scenario, except mine was an '04. The truck left me on the side of the road too many times...couple times with trailer.

4 EGR's, two turbos, two trannies, loose front end, and an intercooler hose that would pop off all the time at the worst times...Im prolly forgetting something...one good thing though, it drove me to a Cummins
Man when that IC hose pops off it sounds like a shotgun under the hood

Lets see.

-Rain main seal replaced within the first 2,000 miles (that should have told me something right then)
-Not 1, not 2 but 3 turbos.
-Tranny Harness
-Injector's
-Flash, reflash and reflash again.
-EGR? Dont think I ever had one of those. (that worked anyways)

I will say that the arbitrations dept. really took care of me. I was very impressed with their service.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:12 PM
MTC

Yeah, I cant say that Ford didnt try to make it up to me....they did give me a bumper to bumper warranty for 100k miles and 7 years at no charge for my troubles, but I just couldnt take the breakdowns any longer
Old 08-19-2009, 06:36 PM

My dad bought an 03 6.0 when they first came out. Stayed at dealer about a month out 6 that we had it. Never left us stranded but always idled rough and they could never fix it. At the time Ford wasn't buying them back so he traded it on an 03 cummins and it has never been back to dealer except for service. Lost alot of money on the trade and then like 1 month later they started accepting the problems and buying them back from customers.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:20 PM

Post removed due to the use of profanity.

Ok, I guess. Profanity?

After 02 7.3 PSD, 04 6.0 PSD and 07 5.9 CTD I will report I love the straight 6 CTD and that is where it ends. Ford is a better shell to stuff something cool in.

Let me clean up my language here, the manufacturers are cranking out what they are required to based on requirements set by unelected flunkies of the legislative branch. EGR, DPF and the like are inventions of emission, not perfomance, longevity or durability.

The manufacturers are being forced into it, if they were left alone we would be sold what we demanded in a skinny minute.

Last edited by madhat; 08-19-2009 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Profanity
Old 08-19-2009, 10:38 PM

Oldmikegraham: The manufacturers are cranking out what they are required to based on requirements set by unelected flunkies of the legislative branch. EGR, DPF and the like are inventions of emission, not perfomance, longevity or durability.

The manufacturers are being forced into it, if they were left alone we would be sold what we demanded in a skinny minute.
Ain't that the truth!!!