3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Ahhh... smooth and quiet. (and good dealer experience)

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 08:59 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ahhh... smooth and quiet. (and good dealer experience)

Called the dealer today to see if my ordered parts ( new driveshaft) were in and they were, so I took it in at lunchtime. They got it in and done by 1:30 and now it runs perfectly smooth. No more shudder, squeak or other driveline issues.

And, I got new U-joints, too, since they came on the new driveshaft!

In case you didn't see my previous post, I started getting what seemed like the U-joint problem but it turned out to be the center support bearing. It was getting pretty bad the last couple of days with a really bad shudder below 20 MPH.

No place to get it up to speed to make sure there's no 70 MPH vibe with the new driveshaft until this weekend, but so far so good.

Dealer experience was positive. Took it in last week and asked them to look at it so they could order parts before I left it. They took it right in to check and came up with what, so far, seems to be the right answer. Called this AM to check on the part and it was in. They were able to work it in today and get it fixed and back to me this afternoon. I'll give them a good report when I get the customer service survey.