2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain Discussion for all Dodge Rams from 1994 through 2002. Please, no engine or drivetrain discussion.

Oh Yessssssss!!!!!!! :)

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2004, 08:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Oh Yessssssss!!!!!!! :)

Finally!!! Finally picked up my truck yesterday!

WOW! Will write more later.

oh.. .need to change my sig now too....

Add:
01 SLT CTD LB QC, LSD, 4WD, 3.55. The Silver Ghost.
Old 10-16-2004, 09:39 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You sound a little excited!
Old 10-16-2004, 09:45 PM

ok... that was something....

First question for a diesel newbie. If you were to select a handful of items to keep in your storage underneath the back seat, what would they be?

Second, and good news. No "53" block. I crawled underneath with a flashlight and it looks like "28"? or something close cast into the block.

Third, 4 wheel discs means 2001.5.

Fourth, I filled the tank and drove 331 miles on less than half a tank! God Bless the 3.55 rear end!! Oh.. and the oil burner under the hood!!

Fifth, yes, the front end is ponderous to say the least. I noticed it fairly soon after I left the dealer. The steering is much heavier than my Expedition and that was something that I needed to get used too. But I could tell that the front end was sloppy. I could feel it both in the movement of the wheel and how the truck handled. I have not been able to get underneath to see where the play is but the steering box is suspect.

6. when they were inspecting it yesterday morning, they found that one of hte exhaust hangers was rusted and causing a hole in the exhaust. They replace the exhaust from the cat back!
Old 10-17-2004, 07:35 AM

Check the track bar also on the 4wd. FYI, no cat on 01.5, its a resonator.
Old 10-17-2004, 08:16 AM

Originally posted by xp8103

First question for a diesel newbie. If you were to select a handful of items to keep in your storage underneath the back seat, what would they be?

Under mine I keep a tow strap, some racheting tie downs, the different sizes for my Convert-a-Ball hitch, and a spare fuel filter.
Old 10-17-2004, 11:17 AM

fix a flat (wont work for a side wall like i blew out yester day!), extra ammo, local phone book, flahlight goes in the door, t-shirt and jeans in case im to dirty to get in. if i was a woman that woud be my purse
Old 10-17-2004, 05:27 PM
Administrator

My underseat storage is full to capacity.

Full set of metric deep sockets and open end wrenches.
Small toolbox with socket wrench, screwdrivers, vicegrips, couple sizes and flavors of pliers, zipties, electrical connectors of various sizes, standard sockets (for helping out those metrically challenged), convertable screwdriver with hex and torx bits.
Air compressor tire inflator, jumper cables.
Jacket and sweatpants (I wear shorts 365 days a year)
Leather gloves, tire iron (big X shaped steel), OEM bottle jack and accessories, lug nuts for the spare and an attachment for the high-lift for use on cheap OEM bumpers.
Winch accessories (remote, tree strap, choker chain, D-ring shackles, couple sizes and lengths of tow straps, ******-block)
Couple ratchet tie downs and lengths of rope to keep stuff in the bed.
Pair of cheap binoculars and a spotlight that plugs into the lighter.
High-lift, spare tire, shovel and step stool reside in the bed.

One of these days I need to get a crossbed toolbox to put all that crap in.

Oh, I still have the pamphlet I got from the dealer when I was considering getting the truck,
floating around in there, and the brake controller harness (transplanted from the glove box)

phox
Old 10-18-2004, 07:04 AM

Ok, that's good news. Since I've never owned one before, I was wondering if there were things that I should stock that are different from conventional vehicles. Yes, a fuel filter is a good idea. Aside from that, just the usual truck stuff it sounds like.

I haven't stopped smiling yet. The list of things I want to do seems endless now.. I know I need to wait a bit first. I need to get some steps to help my wife and son get in tho...
Old 10-19-2004, 07:40 AM

under back seat.....a custom sub box(make by me ) that holds two 8" fosgates all tools, ropes, jacks, tiedowns, duct tape, and ball hitch under front seats
Old 10-27-2004, 09:10 PM

Talking Under back seat...

I have a roll of duck tape, wire ties, calf pullers, 2 leather roping gloves, a snaffle bit , some rags, 2 hats, a tie post fence climber, pair of overalls, some shotgun shells, a worm bag for plastic worms(full of plastic worms), tennis ball for my dog, dog leash, shooting ear muffs, 1/2 box of 357 shells, frog toggs raingear, and always bailing wire!!
Old 10-28-2004, 07:00 AM

Fishbait,
But where do you put the seat?
Old 10-28-2004, 01:13 PM

When I custom ordered "Old Besse" I paid the extra 60 bucks for the plastic storage "tray" under the seat. The seat just keeps it all from bouncing out on my bumpy road!!! Of course the back seat has been claimed by my lab/beagle mix as his own.........I think he likes my truck almost as much as me!!
Old 10-28-2004, 07:26 PM

Congrats on the new truck!

I keep all fluids in the toolbox, common SAE and Metric wrenches (going to order 246 piece Craftsman set soon ), tow strap, spare hitch pin, sled pulling hitch (doubles as a honda puller), lugs for spare tire, bottle jack, repair manual, various tapes and cable ties, wiring items, and soon to add roadsid emergency items like flares, reflector triangles, and a medical emrgency kit.