2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain Discussion for all Dodge Rams from 1994 through 2002. Please, no engine or drivetrain discussion.

My son's first truck

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2018, 09:52 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My son's first truck

Hey fellas just want to check in and share a story with y'all. It's been a while since I've been on DTR. Love this place...it has saved me a ton of money over the years. I've always wanted a 2nd Gen since before I bought my 2005 just never really could justify having 2 trucks. Anyway, my son will be driving soon so I figured hey let's find a project we can work on together! After about six months of searching on Facebook groups and everything else I pretty much gave up. There are some shady people out there LOL. Then last week, I was getting fuel and a guy pulled up next to me in a 2nd gen that fit the description. I've always heard these stories and seen on TV where people buy things on the spot but I never saw myself doing it. I figured it was worth a shot so I went and asked him if he would sell it and he said HELL NO. Being it was exactly what I was looking for, 6 speed with HO motor, I threw a number at him and gave him my phone number. Low and behold, he called me that night and said come get it!! The next morning I was driving it home. It has some cosmetic issues but the motor and trans are solid. 220K miles, one owner truck. I'm looking forward to fixing it up with him and learning more about 2nd gens.
What are the major issues with the 2nd gens besides the dash and interior stuff? I took a quick pic after washing it last night. Second pic is my 2005.
[IMG]