2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain Discussion for all Dodge Rams from 1994 through 2002. Please, no engine or drivetrain discussion.

License Plate Light Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 11:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
License Plate Light Help

Well I bought a CDT last week and found that I have no license plate light.
There are no wires or sockets or bulbs but after being pulled over I need to get these working. I have no trouble running wires, i use to be an installer. My question is the bulb socket. Where can i get them other than the dealership?
Old 05-31-2007, 07:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
scrap yard, I haven't had any luck so far but I will try again next month I'd hate to see how much the dealership would charge
Old 05-31-2007, 07:13 AM

scrap yard might be the best bet, if you can find one there, it should be as simple as plugging it in the connector from the light to the factory connection on the backside of the bumper. shouldn't really have to run any wire.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by pick
scrap yard might be the best bet, if you can find one there, it should be as simple as plugging it in the connector from the light to the factory connection on the backside of the bumper. shouldn't really have to run any wire.
well they chopped up all the wires underneath the bed for some reason so I will have to run some wires.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:47 AM

Arrow Not All Dealers Are The Same....

THANK GOD!!
If it's not available at the "auto recycling yard" then I'd have no qualms about going to the dealer for such a part. I have done business with the Dodge dealer in Ada MN, Kelly's Chrysler.

http://www.fivestardealers.com/kelly...th=&bid=&rid=u

I have purchased a couple of factory lighting items from them off Ebay and their prices were outstanding. I know they mail order out nationwide everyday but if I was looking for a part that was only available at the dealer, these guys can help you out.
A Service Manual for your truck would be a wise investment too. Geno's Garage has them or once and awhile you see em on Ebay for less than they cost new. I know I needed to know what wire was which during my back up light install there near the tail light. Found it right away. My buddy stated, "that book just paid for itself...." Well, maybe not for just a color code of a wire. BUT CLOSE!! Good luck!!