2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain Discussion for all Dodge Rams from 1994 through 2002. Please, no engine or drivetrain discussion.

Headlights: HID vs Sport conversion

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 07:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tate
I get flashed a lot because of how bright they are.
I think you should stay off two-lane highways at night...
Old 01-07-2008, 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by wcbcruzer
I think you should stay off two-lane highways at night...
Funny you mention that, considering I work in the boonies on night shifts most of the time. If you compare my lights to the newer chev's, they are about the same from afar. They are aimed down. Unless I get the fancy headlights that have the sharp cutoff at waist height, someone isn't gonna be happy.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For those of you who have not seen this link, it's quite helpful: http://www.danielsternlighting.com/t...lbs/bulbs.html. I'm seriously leaning towards the Sport lights with high quality bulbs throughout (type still to be determined) and a HD relay harness. I'm also going to replace the fogs with Bosch Compact 100 fog lamps. I'm not going to jump to the HID's at this time. I'll report back with the results.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:28 PM

hey haloman i'm going to put the same style in but the black ones. should be SHWEET. i'll let you know how they work out. any problems with the install or harness? i don't think i'll need the hd harness but it's good to know about it. the lights are here just need to pay the brokerage fee from the usa before they will hand em over. they'll be the fanciest thing on the truck. can't wait....
Old 01-24-2008, 09:32 PM

I put some cheapies oon mine, like eagle eyes or something. They are pathetic. Worse than the stockers. they are oem but they also suck. stay away.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:31 AM

i have been researching this subject extensively. I want HID Xenon,s for my truck headlights beacuase the stock ones are no good. What I have found is nobody make a headlight housing that is set up for HID's. HID's require a glass like projector lense that focuses the light from the bulbs into a certain pattern.

I am afraid if i put the HID conversion into my stock housings it will melt the plastic. Has anyone done this and how is the light? Also I have found many ricer type looking headlight with the LED ange eyes and The ccfm angel eyes and these may work but they are really ugly IMO.

I really like the HID xenon lights they are fantastic My wifes BMW has them and they make a huge difference. The angel eyes are something that is kind of cool but i don't know what function they serve
Old 01-25-2008, 03:13 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by jonnydizz
hey haloman i'm going to put the same style in but the black ones. should be SHWEET. i'll let you know how they work out. any problems with the install or harness? i don't think i'll need the hd harness but it's good to know about it. the lights are here just need to pay the brokerage fee from the usa before they will hand em over. they'll be the fanciest thing on the truck. can't wait....
I didnt have any problem with the install. Just took me some time.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:47 AM

Gator grabber please post the type of bulbs you decide to go with. I bopught the sport headlights for my truck to because i have had it with the stockers. There are so many types of bulbs some work good some don't i don't really know which way to go. any input would be appreciated.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:43 PM

I've not had time to do the conversion to Sport lights yet, but here's a link to the article on bulb selection I'm going to follow: http://www.danielsternlighting.com/t...uperwhite.html
Old 01-28-2008, 09:00 PM

I've got a Sport, don't really know what the big deal is with converting to Sport headlights, mine ain't worth the plastic they're made out of...just my $.02...
Old 01-28-2008, 09:05 PM

I put the sport headlights on mine. Between going to a clear lens, four bulbs, and a good wiring harness with relays it makes way more light than the stock lights did.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by OldDodgeOwner
I've got a Sport, don't really know what the big deal is with converting to Sport headlights, mine ain't worth the plastic they're made out of...just my $.02...
Are they completely yellowed over? Have you ever driven a NON sport at night? I've owned both side by side, as well as my current sport right now and the difference is literally night and day. If you can't see the difference than maybe you need your eyes checked :-p
Old 01-29-2008, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by xtoyz17
Are they completely yellowed over? Have you ever driven a NON sport at night? I've owned both side by side, as well as my current sport right now and the difference is literally night and day. If you can't see the difference than maybe you need your eyes checked :-p
I'm just stating my opinion, I've driven plenty of non sports that were and weren't yellowed over, along with my dad's sport, and mine, I really don't see much difference between them. Mine isn't too bad on high beams, but the low beams are terrible.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:58 AM

Maybe becouse the peopl who do the conversion are drawing power right from the battery through a relay? Maybe the stock wiring isn't putting out enough power on your truck? I know my low beams ar enow way brighter then my high beams were, allthough that didn't take much.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:56 AM

I have HIDs in my ram with sport headlights & wouldnt trade them for all the donuts in the world.

Quick Reply: Headlights: HID vs Sport conversion