2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain Discussion for all Dodge Rams from 1994 through 2002. Please, no engine or drivetrain discussion.

Fender replacement

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 02:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fender replacement

Well I just finish changing out my drivers front fender today took eight hours.
I decided to get a Texas fender with the inner fender complete from a local junk yard. I am so glad I did I got the fender for 300.00 for the complete fender and it is like new no rust. The best I could do up here is 250.00 for the outer fender after market plus a extra hour welding plus grinding the outer fender off which sucks. Plus you have to go and get it painted after . I got it painted for 200.00 cash and it looks sweet I will take some pictures of the old fender and new. It is funny I had the truck under coated five time since I have owned it but they missed the fenders. My next stop is Krown rust proofing to see what they will do for me maybe I will get some money back. I see guys have done this in four hours but man on a Sport model you have to drop the front bumper before you can pull the lights and get the fender off. If you could see what you take off Grid heater relays, Battery box, Cruise control, Anti Lock brake controller, Day light running module, Ten wiring harness clips in the fender, and twenty bolts, Inner liner, Mud guards, Etc. Well it’s time for a beer now if anyone need some info where to start shoot me a PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm from NS also and just did my 97 , what a pos job to do , I bought aftermarket outter fenders. Not fun at all.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:38 AM

I am planning to replace both fenders on my truck prior to getting it painted. Any tips or pointers? It seems pretty straight forward, just a lot of "stuff" bolted to the inner fenders.

-Tim
Old 09-30-2012, 03:47 PM
KQ1

Originally Posted by Beatle
Well I just finish changing out my drivers front fender today took eight hours.
I decided to get a Texas fender with the inner fender complete from a local junk yard. I am so glad I did I got the fender for 300.00 for the complete fender and it is like new no rust. The best I could do up here is 250.00 for the outer fender after market plus a extra hour welding plus grinding the outer fender off which sucks. Plus you have to go and get it painted after . I got it painted for 200.00 cash and it looks sweet I will take some pictures of the old fender and new. It is funny I had the truck under coated five time since I have owned it but they missed the fenders. My next stop is Krown rust proofing to see what they will do for me maybe I will get some money back. I see guys have done this in four hours but man on a Sport model you have to drop the front bumper before you can pull the lights and get the fender off. If you could see what you take off Grid heater relays, Battery box, Cruise control, Anti Lock brake controller, Day light running module, Ten wiring harness clips in the fender, and twenty bolts, Inner liner, Mud guards, Etc. Well it’s time for a beer now if anyone need some info where to start shoot me a PM.
Old thread I know, but where did you have your truck "Krown'd"? Robie Street in Halifax? I have heard they are pretty good.

I've had mine done in Sydney and I also wonder if they get up on top of the fender liners (fron and rear). I think I am going to take the liners out and check and do it myself if need be.