Fender flares, rear fender liners - Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Fender flares, rear fender liners

Old 04-13-2006, 01:04 PM   #1  

Fender flares, rear fender liners

I'm thinking bout putting some Bushwacker "OEM" OR "Extend a Fender" flares on my truck to try to protect the paint a little from stuff being kicked up by the tires, anyone have and good or bad expeience with them?
(My truck is 2 tone, I'd like to get the flares done in 2 tone to match.)

Also ordered a set of fender liners from Dodge, what are they like to install??

Thanks in advance
Will
Fisherguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 01:23 PM   #2  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherguy
I'm thinking bout putting some Bushwacker "OEM" OR "Extend a Fender" flares on my truck to try to protect the paint a little from stuff being kicked up by the tires, anyone have and good or bad expeience with them?
(My truck is 2 tone, I'd like to get the flares done in 2 tone to match.)

Also ordered a set of fender liners from Dodge, what are they like to install??

Thanks in advance
Will
Take the 3 screws out of the chinzy factory splash liners , throw them away & install the new liners with the provided 5 new screws........takes about 2 minutes per side with a cordless drill or cordless screwdriver start to finish...............more if your slow....................
ramruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 01:25 PM   #3  

Location: Currently in Virginia Beach, VA will be moving to Maine when I retire.
Talking

don't know about the flares but the wheel liners are a sinch. just takes a little patience to get them in but then they just screw into the available holes!
PanamaDieselMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 01:49 PM   #4  
DTR's 'Wrench thrower...' And he aims for the gusto...

You can also get a set of Power Wagon flares from Dodge or on ebay for $309. Do a search and see some of the trucks here with them. They don't stick out as far as some other brands but they go on quite easily and work with the liners. Just move the Cummins badge and drill a few 1/8 inch holes in the inner lip. Nice.

Wetspirit
Raspy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 02:33 PM   #5  

Thanks for the info, ya gotta wonder why the trucks don't come with the inner fender...

I ant to paint the flares to match, the power wagon flares are a black textured finish. I like the way Planetcat did his flares painted to match, not sure which ones he has.
https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...cat=500&page=1
Fisherguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 09:17 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherguy
Thanks for the info, ya gotta wonder why the trucks don't come with the inner fender...
$$$$$$$$$ It's ALWAYS about the $$$$$$$$$$
ramruff is offline   Reply With Quote