24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

What to do with auto???

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2002, 07:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What to do with auto???

Hey what do you all think is the best/first thing to do to your auto trannys?. I don't tow much right now but will do more in the future. also want to put comp box on and afe filter ( K&N right now) . I'm not worried about the tranny while it's under warrinty but with my luck it will go right after warrinty is done. ???
Old 11-03-2002, 08:00 PM

Re:What to do with auto???

Jondan,<br> Guess the first thing would be to get some gauges to monitor your tranny temp., EGT’s and boost. After that, my preference would be to go with DTT. Others on this board might recommend the triple lock system. Kinda depends on what your going to do with your truck. After you beef up your tranny, the sky is the limit. All depends on how deep your pockets are. Hope this helps... ;D<br> Big dawg
Old 11-04-2002, 10:16 AM

I put a Trans go shift kit in my tranny. Although from what I understand, this is just a band aid. It does seem like it helped. Regarding the comp box, your warranty may be up sooner than you think if you install one and have a turd for a dealer. Maybe someone with a box will chime in with a warning and/or suggestion regarding boxes and warranties.
Old 11-04-2002, 11:17 AM

You can always just hook up the comp w/out the pump wire at first. That way you can pull it out fast w/out any traces in case you have to make a trip to the dealer. It'll give the truck the extra kick, and you won't have to upgrade the auto right away. Of course, after you get the box, your going to want more more more! So get gauges first! ;D<br><br>Tony
Old 11-04-2002, 11:46 PM

Ya gotta hook up the wire, it's just no fun if ya don't, get some DTT tranny upgrades fisrt, you'll love it!<br><br>Later, Rob
Old 11-04-2002, 11:56 PM
BFC

Didn't know you knew anything about auto's Rob, put the pom pon's down and slowly walk away from them and nobody gets hurt

Just hook up the wire first, easier to justify the DTT upgrades when the tranny is gone.............but honey it ain't working no more I gotta get it fixed! ;D ;D ;D

Glenn
Old 11-05-2002, 12:20 AM

[quote author=BFC link=board=4;threadid=6575;start=0#62091 date=1036475809]<br>Didn't know you knew anything about auto's Rob, put the pom pon's down and slowly walk away from them and nobody gets hurt <br><br>Just hook up the wire first, easier to justify the DTT upgrades when the tranny is gone.............but honey it ain't working no more I gotta get it fixed! ;D ;D ;D<br><br>Glenn<br>[/quote]<br><br><br>Well Glenn, I coulda been honest and said trade it for a 6-speed. ;D But,I was bein' nice. <br><br>Later, Rob
Old 11-05-2002, 01:28 AM
BFC

Rob,<br><br>Nice? Making somebody's ride slower ain't nice!
Old 11-05-2002, 02:54 AM

: : : :
Old 11-05-2002, 12:33 PM

If you are interested the ATS tripleloc is where you need to be. You should have the valve body to go with it. I am generating fluid pressures that exceed specs. You will know when you are locked. And you will know that you can trust it.
Old 11-06-2002, 07:14 AM

Like Wes said,<br>ATS is another option to the other brand mentioned above.<br>My Triplelok has been great and has held my power, which I have a little of! ;D ;D<br><br>--Justin
Old 11-06-2002, 08:37 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll 3rd that. I also have ATS and have been extremely happy with it since installed. No problems, and it really does put the power to the ground.
Old 11-06-2002, 12:34 PM

Jordan,
I was like you once. I made a lot of phone calls and made my own decission on which tranny upgrade fit my needs best.

Who let BFC and Rob Thomas in here???
Old 11-06-2002, 01:39 PM
BFC

We snuck in the back door Stake! ;D We have to keep an eye on the freaks in position of power. Don't make me go get Dan &amp; Dave! <br><br>Glenn
Old 11-06-2002, 01:57 PM

Well since the clock is ticking down on me(read: I'm tired of being heckled ) I'll let you know my choice, James Northum of DFW area is the only man I will let touch my tranny. ;D<br><br>Andrew

Quick Reply: What to do with auto???