24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

turbo boost senser 2001

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 05:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
turbo boost senser 2001

lol i can not belive i am haveing to ask something in here for years i been able to find any thing i needed by just looking at the posts and i thank each and every one of you folks for that
my buddy has a 2001 2wd ext cab 3/4 ton 24 valve
and the doge house told him today he needed a new lift pump for it and wanted to charge him 1100 for it so i looked on here and got the part number for one he went picked it up and for 205 and dodge house installed it for 150
well now they say its a turbo boost senser lolo
i was hopeing you all can lead me to a good place to get one and how to install it (where is it at on the truck )
or part number to get it form the parts store
any and all help would be great and as allways this board rocks
thanks
tommy
Old 02-25-2010, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by teampareo
lol i can not belive i am haveing to ask something in here for years i been able to find any thing i needed by just looking at the posts and i thank each and every one of you folks for that
my buddy has a 2001 2wd ext cab 3/4 ton 24 valve
and the doge house told him today he needed a new lift pump for it and wanted to charge him 1100 for it so i looked on here and got the part number for one he went picked it up and for 205 and dodge house installed it for 150
well now they say its a turbo boost senser lolo
i was hopeing you all can lead me to a good place to get one and how to install it (where is it at on the truck )
or part number to get it form the parts store
any and all help would be great and as allways this board rocks
thanks
tommy
it is screwed into the head right behind the fuel filter about a 5 minute swap here is a link to the cheapest one ive found.... and the pic will give you an idea of what your looking for.. http://www.genosgarage.com/prodinfo.asp?number=4921505... By the way i picked one up today at the local cummins dealer for $99, might give them a try if you have one close.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:37 PM

thank you
jncornett
i knew you all be able to help me out and that is a lot better pricke than what the dealer wanted
and sounds easy to do bettr yet
thank for the fast response
tomm
Old 02-26-2010, 05:24 PM

Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts
Sounds to me like they haven't really got a clue on what's going on with that truck. My intank lp was $383 at the Dodge Dealer, installed. A MAP sensor and the lift pump really aren't related.

I'd do the code check by turning the key on/off three times and see what comes up before I started replacing more parts.