24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

New Truck

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 04:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Truck

I recently doubled the Valves from 12 to 24 and so far am not regretting it. I love the rattle of the 24 valve and now that I took the turbo silencer out and put in a BHAF the turbo sings. There are a few problems with the truck that I need to attend to, most of them small.
The first is the steering wheel is about a quarter of the way off to the left. Will an alignment fix this problem? The truck drives smooth but having the steering wheel off is kind of annoying. Another problem is turning, it sounds like there's a slight knock, barely notible over the engine noise coming from the steering column right behind the steering wheel. It does this every time a turn the steering wheel left or right, it will do it 2-3 times per a revolution of the steering wheel. This is also more than an annoyance than a serious problem, but I want to get these small problems out of the way before I starting upgrading the truck. Any ideas would be helpful because I am on a limited budget as of now(truck set me back a little bit,lol). Thanks in advance guys.

Bryan
Old 10-24-2007, 05:38 PM

you can adjust your wheel back to center at the draglink. It should be the adjustment sleeve closest to the steering box. This will adjust your steering wheel position without affecting the alignment. The other sleeve at the driver side tierod end is used to adjust the toe. As for the knock in your colum, it could very well be the lower bushing in the colum itself. This is a known problem on all the 2nd gens. Do a search on here, theres a company that makes a replacement aftermarket bushing that is much stronger than the stock one and is relatively easy to install. The name of the company escapes me at the moment.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:26 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. I will check those out this weekend and see if I can fix the problem. Thanks again.

Bryan