24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

IAT Sensor, TPS Sensor ,APPS Reset

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 05:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JPR Ram
hmmmmmmmmm. You could try cleaning the before mentioned sensors, but I'd still put my money on IP issues. Do you run any additives in your fuel? I had a simular motor "surge", but at idle while in gear. In nuetral the "surge" goes away. But I've started adding two-stroke oil to my fuel every other tank and that problem has vansihed.
Of course yours happens while cruising.......... So I'm still leaning towards those darm fuel pumps; IP and LP. Do a search on this site for a post that had a video of LP cavitation. It's pretty intresting.
I know I will get flamed but I'm one of those that don't have a FP gauge but the truck is all stock and no I don't use any additives....maybe I should.

I've read a few threads about adding 2 stroke but kinda on the fence about that since the truck is still covered under warranty.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:39 PM

Location: My head lays down in Murrieta, but the day light hours are spent in San Diego, Ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tmccormick
I know I will get flamed but I'm one of those that don't have a FP guage but the truck is all stock and no I don't use any additives....maybe I should.

I've read a few threads about adding 2 stroke but kinda on the fence about that since the truck is still covered under warranty.
I wouldn't worry about the warranty. By adding two-stroke, all you're doing is giving the #2 more lubricantcy (sp). After all diesel number to is just a refined light oil. Have you ever heard the term "oil burner" to describe a diesel. Well that's what these motors are, AND it's not because the rings are passing oil.
Did you find that post about cavitation? Coupla cheap things to do to help to solve this is to mount the LP down on the frame near the fuel tank. Replace the stock banjo fitting with larger 90* fittings and larger hose. Check out Vulcan.com. They sell a reasonably price kit. Or which is even cheaper replace the stock banjo fittings with high flow larger banjo fittings from genosgarage.com
Old 05-21-2007, 09:25 AM

IAT, MAP & Apps Sensors for 06

Can any one tell me where they are on the 06 dodge 3500, I think that maybe my problem and I want to clean them?
Old 05-21-2007, 09:29 AM

PM sent to you tmccormick