24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Good Diesel Mechanic in Fort Collins, CO

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 01:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Diesel Mechanic in Fort Collins, CO

I am new to Fort Collins and I am need of a good Diesel Mechanic to replace my VP44. It is throwing timing error codes.
Old 03-23-2005, 07:08 AM

Ernod,

There is a shop in Greeley. Rocky Mountain Fuel Injection. On 17th or 18th, just east of hwy 85. Seem like good guys. I haven't tried anyone in Fort Collins. Most stuff I do myself. The VP-44 isn't that big of a job from what I have read.

Good Luck.

Cole
Old 03-23-2005, 07:44 PM

I live in fort collins CO as well, there is a cummins store/shop off of mulberry, inbetween timberline and lemay, there is a HUGE sign that you will see. I work at spradley barr ford and there are a couple of great cummins mechanics employed there as well. Id trust them with my truck any day of the week. Hope that helps ya!
Old 03-23-2005, 07:56 PM

Kvellis,

That is Diesel Services on Mulberry, down by the Charco Broiler, or the Hunt Club, two popular landmarks down there. I heard they are kind of spendy, but never have been there. Two cummins mechs at a Ford Store? I'll have to keep that in mind. Did you do your pump work yourself?. I have a 96 I'd like to play with, although my guys are beating the hell out of it daily. Good to hear from another FC owner.

Cole
Old 03-23-2005, 09:02 PM

I have done everything to my truck by myself or with some help from a couple techs at the dealership, the techs a spradley aren't just cummins techs, they are just very very good diesel techs. I don't have any pump work needing to be done being that i have a 12v. Abit later when i buy a better torque converter and so on I will have them install the goodies. I should have know that diesel services would be a bit pricy, but then again so is the hunt club
Old 03-24-2005, 08:51 AM

Diesel Mechanics

Thanks for the info. I went with the Rocky Mountain Fuel Injection guys. They had a pump in house and installed it over my lunch break. Now I have to fight the Insurance guys for the reimbursement. The truck was taken for a ride and the thiefs took the pressure gauge off and let the lift pump dump diesel everywhere but to the VP44.
Old 11-19-2005, 11:42 PM

I Just Moved To Fort Collins!

Man it sure would be good to know some people locally who are savvy with say 97 cummins like the one I have that could help me with the fuel problems I have been having this week.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:14 AM

Received 47 Likes on 42 Posts
There is a guy over in Greeley that is pretty good. His name is Bob Berends aka Laserbob. I think he is a member here and over on the TDR. He does big rig laser alignments(hence the name) and has a shop as well. He is a certified DTT installer too. He has done several things for me and I have walked out a happy camper. He also owns a 12 valve that he has modified just a bit.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:27 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by BarryG
There is a guy over in Greeley that is pretty good. His name is Bob Berends aka Laserbob. I think he is a member here and over on the TDR. He does big rig laser alignments(hence the name) and has a shop as well. He is a certified DTT installer too. He has done several things for me and I have walked out a happy camper. He also owns a 12 valve that he has modified just a bit.
Yeah, Bob's farm truck is just over 600hp

Why not have Bob build a tranny for you while you're there? Oh, and some 370s, lasercuts, 4k GSK, and a 100 plate should give you more fuel