CODTR #26 Forum for the Colorado chapter #26

Fort Collins

Old 11-11-2007, 03:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fort Collins

My wife are thinking of relocating to Fort Collins; moving from Oregon. We have been researching it online and it sounds wonderful. I was hoping that I could get some unbiased input from people who live there or are familiar with it.

Thanks
Old 11-12-2007, 01:59 PM

I work in Longmont, live in Louisville, both just a bit south of Fort Collins. FC is nice place, college town, has more of an agricultural influence than does Boulder, which is more high tech. FC is more well grounded. Far enough north of Denver to allow easy access to good things north and west. Not as convienent if your thing is skiing.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:20 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Fort Collins is a nice town. It is trying to turn into a city but not quite a big city yet. One can still find quiet areas there, and there is a lot of development going on there (unfortunately, some say).
It is close to the mountains and nice recreation, be it hiking, camping, hunting or fishing. Skiing is not far but expect 1.5 hour drive at least (I don't ski).
It has enough shopping to satisfy anyone, and is spread out on the sides. I still can;t tell where it ends and Loveland begins.
I would take Fort Collins over Boulder any day. Boulder is too snobby and homes are outrageously expensive in Boulder. They are not cheap in Ft. Collins but that is standard for Colorado Front Range these days, even a dog house on rented lot is about $100k
-P
Old 11-13-2007, 08:12 PM

Been living here since '04. I love this town and wills stay here as long as possible. I've been around most of the front range my whole life and FoCo is my favorite place. Do you have any specific questions?
Old 11-13-2007, 08:57 PM

Are there any areas of Fort Collins that we should avoid as far as house hunting? Is there diesel emissions testing?

We really appreciate everyones help and input!
Old 11-13-2007, 09:06 PM

YES, but they are mainly on the north side of Fort Collins. There are some very nice area's in the northern part but that is where the majority of the umm, slum is. If you want a quite neighborhood, stay away from campus. And yes to diesel emissions, but don't worry if you are the original owner, you are exempt more than likely, and I pass with my truck and you can see what's done to it.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:49 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
No emissions testing in Weld county, folks, just 30 min away
-P
Old 03-04-2008, 05:48 PM

Ft. Collins house hunting

I've lived here since '89, so here's my 2 cents... Ft. Collins is a paradise in waiting. We just bought a new house in old town Ft. Collins last August and found a sweet deal. I have a friend who's a phenomenal Realtor, and a for you to check out too.
Try www.coloproperty.com ; best pictures, easy to search by mls number, and updated regularly. I'm a big fan of old town for the charm and ease of walking anywhere you need. South Ft. Collins (sopro) is mostly cookie cutter homes as are the outer edges of the city. There's some high end stuff north of town(Country club area) but in general, the closer to center you go, the older the homes are. E.G. - our house was built in 1909. Hope this helps you,
Tad