24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

airdog fuel pressure ????

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 09:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
airdog fuel pressure ????

O.K tech. support will not return my call's so I'm going to post here to see if anyone else has seen this. Change out filter and cleaned water seperator at advice of tech support. Went with a wix 6micron filter all I could get and it was a # given to me buy tech. Pressure was all right for a day now back to bouncing all over the place especially when idling. 4psi to 16psi. 2 weeks ago they sent me a new check ball and spring that didn't do a thing to "fix" problem. In the past I have pulled ball and spring and streched it to "fix" problem but its only a temp. fix. Any ideas other then finding a stiffer spring? The last tech I talked to said (being very vaige) that if filter didn't "fix" the problem that there was other options but I can't get them on the phone to discuss them. Nate
Old 09-29-2010, 03:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
install some washers in with the spring. this will increase the pressure. I needed to increase mine after I installed it, but i haven't changed it again since. when you changed the spring to the new one did you clean the area good? I wondering because mine sometimes doesn't create more than 4psi. Mine's not related to temperature either. does it hot or cold or sometimes just runs normal.

-dkenny
Old 09-29-2010, 11:25 PM

yea, I've done that on hydroulics to increase pressure( washers) and yes I've had the ball/ spring out more then I would care to admit in 10,000 miles(cleaned and spring lenghtened) temp. fix. Maybe I pay too much attention to my guage. Did I get a bad pump, year gone I sent warranty info. in and they could not find it (bought from Vulcan) had to fax them copy of reciept from Vulcan to get spring and ball set. Toby is not there anymore, call his # get Tyler, $500 ready to get a 5#hammer treatment.Nate
Old 09-30-2010, 11:38 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by duster75
Maybe I pay too much attention to my guage.
Mine runs solid @ 13#WOT, 15# idle.

I wouldn't be fooling with it much. The pump has a lifetime warranty. Dump the problem back on AirDog's desk. It ain't rocket science and you shouldn't have to go back under the truck playing with springs unless you are asking the pump to do something out of the ordinary. R&R is quick & easy.
Old 09-30-2010, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Junk Man
Mine runs solid @ 13#WOT, 15# idle.

I wouldn't be fooling with it much. The pump has a lifetime warranty. Dump the problem back on AirDog's desk. It ain't rocket science and you shouldn't have to go back under the truck playing with springs unless you are asking the pump to do something out of the ordinary. R&R is quick & easy.
Well, for what its worth I finally got ahold of Tyler( actually he returned me calls this morning, death in family reason no response) after going through the motions, wanted me to do a bucket test witch I told him that my tank sender is gutted and Vulcan straw in there. Wanted me to check gear rotor witch I had already done. I've got a "new" pump coming all is good now if Chip will extend warranty on my V.P that I have not got a chance to R&R I'll be a happier camper. Nate SQueeky wheel gets the grease!!!!!!!
Old 09-30-2010, 04:16 PM
Banned

How many days VP warranty extension are you talking about? If it REALLY matters, send it back & buy another.
Old 10-01-2010, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by Junk Man
How many days VP warranty extension are you talking about? If it REALLY matters, send it back & buy another.
bought back in sept 2009........ send it back and buy another....Only if you lend me your card$$$$$ . Nate