24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Adding 2 stroke oil to Fuel

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 06:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Close to a year of 16oz TCW3 and 4oz Gray Bottle Diesel Klean each fillup. I too think my truck quieted down on it and whenever I don't use it I APPEAR to get a little worse mileage.

Could very well be entirely in my head.

Ain't about to stop doing it!!!
Old 01-06-2008, 09:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RAF
I have been using the 2 cycle for just over a year now. 1 qt per fill.
Results?

Old 01-06-2008, 10:35 PM

i was using mostly standyne but went out and bought some 2 stroke oil and put in 500 ml into a tank. probably not enough but did quiet down the injection pump a bit.
Old 01-06-2008, 11:36 PM

Does anybody own a decibel meter that we can get an accurate reading of the same truck running untreated ULSD fuel and with a ratio of 1 quart 2 stroke per 20 gals ULSD (or similar ratio) . And each time of measurement hold the meter at the same distance, height, and parking spot as previous reading?
Personally i don't want to be to quick to believe "my truck is running smoother and quieter" when all along it's in my head. Without some good facts i dont want to spread a bunch of hype. JMO
Old 01-07-2008, 02:29 PM

has anyone added synthetic 2cycle oil with their fuel. i was thinking about using it, but didnt know if it would harm anything?
Old 01-07-2008, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Southern Pride
has anyone added synthetic 2cycle oil with their fuel. i was thinking about using it, but didnt know if it would harm anything?
i wouldn't waste the extra money on the synthetic stuff. just make sure its ashless and smokeless tcw 3 oil for air cooled engines.
Old 01-07-2008, 05:59 PM
RAF

Originally Posted by MAX340
Results?

Sorry.

Runs well, quieter. My VP44 has been on its way out for some time now. Before I started using the 2 cycle the mileage started dropping off. When I started using the 2cycle the mileage held steady for this past year. I ran out of 2cycle about a month ago and kept forgetting to get some. Ran 2 tanks of diesel only and the mileage dropped off again. Coincidence? I don't know.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by chainzaw
Does anybody own a decibel meter that we can get an accurate reading of the same truck running untreated ULSD fuel and with a ratio of 1 quart 2 stroke per 20 gals ULSD (or similar ratio) . And each time of measurement hold the meter at the same distance, height, and parking spot as previous reading?
Personally i don't want to be to quick to believe "my truck is running smoother and quieter" when all along it's in my head. Without some good facts i dont want to spread a bunch of hype. JMO
Why not just add the 2 cycle and see for yourself? If you don't want to believe what I've said about the 2 cycle, then don't. Its not hype. Its simple statement.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:34 PM

As i stated before in this thread. I am using 2 stoke. But i didn't hear any difference. I just think it would be pretty cool if we could get some facts of 2 stock bringing the engine noise down a few decibels. Trust me... I'm not accusing you of spreading hype.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:45 PM

Opps my bad. I confused this thread with another 2 stoke thread that started last week. Here's a link
https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...d.php?t=185421
Old 01-07-2008, 11:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
As i stated before in this thread. I am using 2 stoke. But i didn't hear any difference. I just think it would be pretty cool if we could get some facts of 2 stock bringing the engine noise down a few decibels. Trust me... I'm not accusing you of spreading hype.
It quieted mine down. Before I used it I noticed mine was considerably noisier than my bud's '99. Figured since mine was 235 horse it was probably due to increased timing. I didn't notice any difference right away like others have said. Kind of forgot about it until a couple months later that it did seem much quieter. Rode in my bud's '99 again and mine was now definitely quieter. Another bud who has a '98.5 rode in mine and commented on how much quieter mine was than his.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:56 AM
Banned

Opps my bad. I confused this thread with another 2 stoke thread that started last week. Here's a link
https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...d.php?t=185421
Doesn't matter which one, actually. Either way, I'm sure my IP is making less noise and doing the same job. Perhaps the conditions under which I made my observations were different, cold truck, 20F ambient, "dry" fuel. Added the 2 cycle, and cranked over the engine. What is interesting me more is that the engine is now running at least 40F cooler under most circumstances.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:25 AM

Ask, and you will receive........
Great information gents. I ran down and filled up the rig and dumped 1 quart of Penzoil 2 stroke oil in the tank.
Yeah........2 minutes later, much quieter, smoother power response, no smoke. Runs like a Champ! I'm sold.....
Thanks guys
Old 01-08-2008, 10:22 AM

Whats the word on Transmission fluid, I gt. per tank full?
Old 01-08-2008, 03:00 PM

I asked that same question this morning in another thread. Philibuster provided me with the following link to ample information regarding ATF added to fuel.

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/d...archid=1902300

I think if you search for "ATF", you can come up with much of the same information.

Bottom line is that most people don't think it is a good idea. ATF was not designed to burn whereas 2 cycle was.

Quick Reply: Adding 2 stroke oil to Fuel