1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Yet another injector poll....

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 11:53 PM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Yet another injector poll....

So, im looking around at injectors. I would like to get some input from all. I bet I will see POD's alot, but im worried about the smoke and the EGT's that I hear so much about. Any input on Bosch 190's or DDT stage 3's? Its my understanding that I will be able to take advantage of them with my HTT IV...air+fuel=power right.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have Pods with just a 16cm housing, no comp upgrade, and have it tuned where it runs real nice and I only see 1250egts under wot right before peak rpms. Smoke is just moderate, with no insane cloud behind me.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:00 AM
DBF

TANSTAAFL

PODs. Adjust the smoke/haze where you want it, trading off the power advantage.

The stage IV is next here, since I've opened the exhaust and gone BHAF...

Regards, DBF
Old 03-09-2007, 07:03 AM

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
I just put in 190's with the Stage IV HTT compressor upgrade. I'm still tweaking it in at present. I just ordered a 4" d/p from Rip to replace the stock one. I am getting about 28 pounds of boost now that I found my leaks and fixed them but egt's are still a concern and require a watchful eye. At this point if the d/p doesn't lower the egt's suficiently I might go ahead and turn the truck into a drunk. It can't go to the meetings so it can't be an alcoholic. I just can't bring myself around to lowering the horsepower yet. I want 300 hp at the flywheel and 275 hp at the rear. Trouble is, I don't know what I have now. The last dyno was too many bombs ago.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by MikeThomas
So, im looking around at injectors. I would like to get some input from all. I bet I will see POD's alot, but im worried about the smoke and the EGT's that I hear so much about. Any input on Bosch 190's or DDT stage 3's? Its my understanding that I will be able to take advantage of them with my HTT IV...air+fuel=power right.
Mike did you get that stage IV in... i will be watching this thread also cause im in need of injectors
Old 03-09-2007, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by rbrettctd
I have Pods with just a 16cm housing, no comp upgrade, and have it tuned where it runs real nice and I only see 1250egts under wot right before peak rpms. Smoke is just moderate, with no insane cloud behind me.
This is also my experience with POD's

Old 03-09-2007, 05:48 PM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Hey Smokem, Ive got my stage four on, but I dont think im making the best use of it. Dave at HTT said mild injectors would be great with this setup. I mentioned the Bosch 190's, but he said the next step up would be best. Does anyone know what that step is?
Old 03-09-2007, 05:57 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
POD's or BD XXX's would be about the next step up.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can black out the road behind me with POD's, but I could do it with the stockers too. Once the turbo spools up good, it's just a haze, but still very noticeable. Smoke doesn't bother me... I need bigger injectors.
Old 03-09-2007, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by jer1
I can black out the road behind me with POD's, but I could do it with the stockers too. Once the turbo spools up good, it's just a haze, but still very noticeable. Smoke doesn't bother me... I need bigger injectors.

you can send those pods my way if you want

mike the stage four sounds really good compared to stock huh!
Old 03-09-2007, 09:02 PM

If (when) I get some bigger ones, they'll be for sale for a good price. I recently did a lot of the work in my sig, and another grand or more right now really wouldn't sit well with the little lady. Besides, my Jeep needs some attention right now. I might not leave my kids a bunch of money, but they'll have a big pile of parts to play with!
Old 03-09-2007, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by jer1
If (when) I get some bigger ones, they'll be for sale for a good price. I recently did a lot of the work in my sig, and another grand or more right now really wouldn't sit well with the little lady. Besides, my Jeep needs some attention right now. I might not leave my kids a bunch of money, but they'll have a big pile of parts to play with!
wat injectors are you thinking of getting im thinking about something bigger then pods
Old 03-10-2007, 01:07 AM

EDM stage? "Speed costs money son, how fast do you want to go?"
Old 03-10-2007, 12:30 PM
1st Generation Admin

Received 111 Likes on 57 Posts
I've messaged the stinky out of my heaps airway and having an HX35 hybrid push through it, 190's give me 243HP/522ftlbs on #2.

All without a cloud of stinkin black smoke.

You'r running a manual trans so would see even better numbers.
Old 03-10-2007, 05:55 PM

If you want decent power, POD's are a good first gen injector. A little smoky, but it can be tuned out a bit with the pump, and driving style. If you want more power later - have them honed, and hold on! Last I checked they were fairly cheap.

190's - make less power, but are cleaner. More expensive though.

EDM's - haven't had the best luck with them, but others have.

DDP 4's - probably the best injector for power and driveability. Relatively expensive.

Mike

Quick Reply: Yet another injector poll....