1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

What did you do to your Gen 1 today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2017, 04:06 PM

Received 535 Likes on 391 Posts
Forget to add this, to my Subaru story at my last post....I to this day don't know how my son does it...before that relationship with the dad that bought him that Subaru, his girlfriend at 10th grade was also a girl from another school, dated her for a bit. Long story short, my wife dropped off his girlfriend back at their home, well it wasn't just a home. It was a mansion, with hundreds of acres, all vineyards. Come to find out, he had started dating a daughter of a NASCAR racer, and he didn't have a clue! She shortly broke up with him, cause he didn't have a license to drive, lol.

Instagram, where he meets these rich girls, is what I heard!
The following users liked this post:
thrashingcows (10-28-2017)
Old 10-28-2017, 04:42 PM

Received 1,333 Likes on 863 Posts
My youngest daughter met some young lad through the social medias....friend of a friend..??? Anyway they have been chatting for a while now getting to know each other, and just went on a coupe dates in the last week or two with him and turns out they are a very well to do family! House is a friggin mansion with dozens of rooms, huge garage full of sports cars, quads, sleds and every toy you can think of. Wife and I have told her she has to marry him now.....
The following 4 users liked this post by thrashingcows:
1STGENFARMBOY (10-28-2017), bigragu (10-29-2017), Blue Goose (10-28-2017), mknittle (10-28-2017)
Old 10-28-2017, 05:50 PM

Received 1,041 Likes on 764 Posts
Originally Posted by bigragu
Forget to add this, to my Subaru story at my last post....I to this day don't know how my son does it...before that relationship with the dad that bought him that Subaru, his girlfriend at 10th grade was also a girl from another school, dated her for a bit. Long story short, my wife dropped off his girlfriend back at their home, well it wasn't just a home. It was a mansion, with hundreds of acres, all vineyards. Come to find out, he had started dating a daughter of a NASCAR racer, and he didn't have a clue! She shortly broke up with him, cause he didn't have a license to drive, lol.

Instagram, where he meets these rich girls, is what I heard!
Does he have any other daughters?
Old 10-28-2017, 07:02 PM

Received 535 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by edwinsmith
Does he have any other daughters?
That's what the car salesman asked the dad, when he was at the Subaru dealer signing the papers at purchase.
Ha!
Old 10-28-2017, 07:10 PM

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,113 Posts
Originally Posted by Shelby/Dakota
Got my truck inspected today. Everything was solid and good to go, except they said my rear axle seals are NFG. So gonna start collecting the parts to rebuild the axle from the diff out.
In what state do you live in, that they actually check stuff like that ?

Here in NJ, if you're registered non commercial, they check NOTHING other than your emissions. I mean NOTHING. Emissions only, every 2 years. If it's a diesel.....they do zero inspections. You're not required to go to the inspection station at all.

If you're commercially registered with a "gasser" only, however, they beat the snot out of you. I have a 1994 toyota pickup. They went over the truck with a microscope. Failed me because one of my rear brakes was performing a smidge worse than the other (not balanced). A quick adjustment, and it went back and passed. I have to take that truck there ever year. If I switch the registration back to personal, and not commercial, I don't have to go at all, because it's too old to check the emissions.

Crazy laws from state to state.
Old 10-28-2017, 07:11 PM

I had to relocate the A/C circuit breaker that I put on for the fans I added away from the battery to the fender. Acid coming out of the battery had partially corroded the case on the breaker. I caught it before It did any damage however. I just cleaned it off and pop riveted it to the fender well.

I need to add a breaker for my 100 watt Hella headlights but the wiring harness is well insulated on the relay kit I bought. A task for another day. I'm tired since the wife took me shopping.
Old 10-28-2017, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by edwinsmith
I had to relocate the A/C circuit breaker that I put on for the fans I added away from the battery to the fender. Acid coming out of the battery had partially corroded the case on the breaker. I caught it before It did any damage however. I just cleaned it off and pop riveted it to the fender well.

I need to add a breaker for my 100 watt Hella headlights but the wiring harness is well insulated on the relay kit I bought. A task for another day. I'm tired since the wife took me shopping.
Shopping for you, or her ?
Old 10-28-2017, 09:50 PM

Received 138 Likes on 86 Posts
I can dig a ditch or throw hay all day long and my back don't hurt near as bad as a 1/2 a day shopping, it has to be something with the just standing and milling around, wife says " how can you cut and split wood for hours but shopping hurts your back"...........I don't know but it does.
The following 2 users liked this post by 1STGENFARMBOY:
NJTman (10-29-2017), thrashingcows (10-29-2017)
Old 10-28-2017, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by NJTman
Shopping for you, or her ?
Well, lemme see. First we went to a fabric store for some... fabric and stuff. Then we went to Home Depot for some quick set concrete mix and a big bolt to anchor the yard art she bought at the Lone Pine Film Festival. Then we went to Costco for groceries.

Since the truism, Happy Wife, Happy Life holds then it was shopping for me.

BTW when we got home she fixed supper for me. Otherwise I'd starve.
Old 10-29-2017, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by 1STGENFARMBOY
I can dig a ditch or throw hay all day long and my back don't hurt near as bad as a 1/2 a day shopping, it has to be something with the just standing and milling around, wife says " how can you cut and split wood for hours but shopping hurts your back"...........I don't know but it does.
All of it hurts me. I just do it because otherwise I might as well be dead.
Old 10-29-2017, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by 1STGENFARMBOY
Same here...
Old 10-29-2017, 11:42 AM

Received 66 Likes on 46 Posts
In what state do you live in, that they actually check stuff like that ?

Here in NJ, if you're registered non commercial, they check NOTHING other than your emissions. I mean NOTHING. Emissions only, every 2 years. If it's a diesel.....they do zero inspections. You're not required to go to the inspection station at all.

If you're commercially registered with a "gasser" only, however, they beat the snot out of you. I have a 1994 toyota pickup. They went over the truck with a microscope. Failed me because one of my rear brakes was performing a smidge worse than the other (not balanced). A quick adjustment, and it went back and passed. I have to take that truck there ever year. If I switch the registration back to personal, and not commercial, I don't have to go at all, because it's too old to check the emissions.

Crazy laws from state to state.
im from pa. They weren't checking the seals themselves. He was getting ready to jack the rear axle to check rear brakes. That's when he noticed it. Also his brother that also has one of these trucks warned him of the process to check rear brakes, so that was not actually done.
Old 10-29-2017, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Shelby/Dakota
im from pa. They weren't checking the seals themselves. He was getting ready to jack the rear axle to check rear brakes. That's when he noticed it. Also his brother that also has one of these trucks warned him of the process to check rear brakes, so that was not actually done.
So, in PA, they remove tires to inspect brake components???

Really??

What else do they do?
Old 10-29-2017, 02:55 PM

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
So, in PA, they remove tires to inspect brake components???

Really??

What else do they do?
I live in PA, and I'm a mechanic...I do inspections daily. The general break down is, tire tread depth (<3/32 fails), brake lining life(depends on if it's riveted or bonded, but generally 2/32 is minium), parking brake needs to work sufficiently, check all the lights, horn, steering and suspension components for play, frame and body condition (no rust holes allowed), check exhaust system for leaks, engine mounts, windshield cracks, and some other stuff, but that's the basics.... Some counties (like mine) Also require emissions testing.
Old 10-29-2017, 03:05 PM

Received 1,333 Likes on 863 Posts
Driving home from work this morning and all of a sudden the runnning lights stopped working....no exterior lights or dash lights. Headlights, dome, turn signals, flasher, brake and stop lights all working just running dark. I eventually figured by moving the stock on the headlight switch between the regular points they would start working, but then I had no headlights.

Guess it's time for a new headlight switch.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Gen 1 today?