1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

W250 and Sawmill

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2021, 03:41 PM

Received 1,333 Likes on 863 Posts
Originally Posted by bannerd
Question on that prodigy, is there a setting on there where I can override the brakes and lock those brakes on the trailer. In a scenario where I start to jack knife it might be helpful to drop the brakes on the trailer and straighten everything out. I'm not sure if it works like that, we use to do that on big rigs but this is a touch different
Yes there is a lever on the controller to lock up the brake manually.
The following users liked this post:
bannerd (05-06-2021)
Old 05-06-2021, 03:49 PM

Received 1,040 Likes on 764 Posts
Question on that prodigy, is there a setting on there where I can override the brakes and lock those brakes on the trailer. In a scenario where I start to jack knife it might be helpful to drop the brakes on the trailer and straighten everything out. I'm not sure if it works like that, we use to do that on big rigs but this is a touch different
On both my Tekonsha's there is a lever or button to operate to apply the brakes independently. This should be a standard feature. I've used it when I needed to stop quickly. I locked up the wheels on that trailer but kept control of the truck.

Edwin
bannerd (05-06-2021)
Old 05-06-2021, 07:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes there is. There is (as others have said) a lever that you can push to apply full brake force at any time. Saved my bacon on a tight cloverleaf exit in the rain. I was hauling an 81 long bed dodge in the rain on the trailer with my 85 gas dually. I needed to slow down quickly in the turn and the front wheels started pushing. I reached down and grabbed full trailer brake, it was enough to quickly slow me down to regain traction with the front to keep turning.
nonrev (05-07-2021)
Old 05-07-2021, 11:26 AM

Received 66 Likes on 46 Posts
I bought a TimberKing 1620 which should be done around Christmas. In the mean time I'm getting my business ready to go which consists of a Dodge W250, Ramcharger and a old C60 I'm restoring (chevy.. I know i know!). Some crazy crap going on in today society and I refuse to obey.
Out of curiosity what are you getting into? That is quite the piece of equipment you ordered. Dont feel bad on the chevy, I jut bought a detroit powered suburban for family duties.
Old 05-11-2021, 08:57 AM

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Shelby/Dakota
Out of curiosity what are you getting into? That is quite the piece of equipment you ordered. Dont feel bad on the chevy, I jut bought a detroit powered suburban for family duties.
Forestry and Conservation. I've been a Senior Network Engineer for about 20 years and my body is not good. I've been building a house with my tiny hudson sawmill and I got to say.. I really have a niche for this stuff. The Smell, being outside and not sitting at a desk.. It's glorious. The income though.. that is an unknown for me. One of the big drives and probably the nail in the coffin is this propaganda on the covid vaccine. Never was a fan of vaccines and I'm all for natural immunity.. the way nature intended it. This new world order is down right insane. At work they're literally forcing people to get it... bullying through managers and flyers posted all over the place. People are scared to death here and it doesn't sit well with me. As an American we're suppose to have choices and be free. If people want vaccination.. go for it.. don't force this crap on people who want to make informed decisions. Dark days when people lose their jobs over this trash.
1STGENFARMBOY (05-12-2021)
Old 05-11-2021, 11:11 AM

Received 66 Likes on 46 Posts
Forestry and Conservation. I've been a Senior Network Engineer for about 20 years and my body is not good. I've been building a house with my tiny hudson sawmill and I got to say.. I really have a niche for this stuff. The Smell, being outside and not sitting at a desk.. It's glorious. The income though.. that is an unknown for me. One of the big drives and probably the nail in the coffin is this propaganda on the covid vaccine. Never was a fan of vaccines and I'm all for natural immunity.. the way nature intended it. This new world order is down right insane. At work they're literally forcing people to get it... bullying through managers and flyers posted all over the place. People are scared to death here and it doesn't sit well with me. As an American we're suppose to have choices and be free. If people want vaccination.. go for it.. don't force this crap on people who want to make informed decisions. Dark days when people lose their jobs over this trash.
Cool, I have been trying to figure out how to get into a conservation/outdoor job that supports my family. Be even better to find a way to do it with my 93.
Old 05-11-2021, 04:12 PM

Received 1,040 Likes on 764 Posts
Forcing somebody to take an experimental "vaccine" is against Federal Law.
Old 05-11-2021, 06:07 PM

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by edwinsmith
Forcing somebody to take an experimental "vaccine" is against Federal Law.
approval will happen soon though...