1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Sold "The Brick"

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 06:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sold "The Brick"

Just a parting shot to let all who is a member of this forum know, this is one of the best forums ,bar none, for a truck most do not appreciate. The knowledge and experience shared on this particular forum is worth millions in a day and age when we all need to get back to the basics of turning wrenches on a vehicle that can be worked without specialized tools and diagnostic equipment. The people who share on this forum, keep these trucks on the road, outperforming, the newer, more sophisticated brethren that the corporate media makes us believe we need.

I do have sellers remorse but my truck no longer met my criteria for my family and me. I do not understand why government/corporation must dictate what vehicle they think is best for me/us. What I want is not offered and must be revived, rebuilt, repowered, etc. It seems rediculous that I can't have the engine I want, in the chassis I want, with the drive train I want without some "kept-beauticrat" telling me it is not available in the US, not safety tested in that configuration, yada yada yada. Maybe its time for the big three to break up into the big nine or twelve. Give the masses what they want without all the B.S., while keeping the price less than some houses cost. OK I'm done ranting.

Keep up the good work here, it is more valuable than you know...I will miss this forum.
sTw
Old 12-08-2008, 08:02 PM

Hey, best wishes!
Old 12-08-2008, 08:26 PM

Feel free to stop in and say hi anytime, we all know you'll still be lookin anyway!!
Old 12-08-2008, 08:55 PM

true....true....
Old 12-08-2008, 08:56 PM

Sorry to hear you had to sell your pile, that hurts. I do hear you on the governanny state b.s, we should have diesel everything. I once saw a 4 door, straight axle, diesel mid 80s yota that about gave me wood. why we dont' have ultra reliable, 30mpgplus yota's and nissan patrol's is beyond me.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:08 AM
Ace
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just wait till after the bailout money flows and the car czar is in place dictating what they build. "Vee glorious people build glorious cars for dee masses and dee proletariat! Long live glorious car compay and glorious communist government!"
Old 12-09-2008, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Ace
Just wait till after the bailout money flows and the car czar is in place dictating what they build. "Vee glorious people build glorious cars for dee masses and dee proletariat! Long live glorious car compay and glorious communist government!"
LMAO!!!

Yep part of my $25,000 a year I get stuck with paying in income tax WITH 5 dependants will at least be going to help make wonderful Ford Fiesta Hybrids. I hope I get some return on my money and they give me one, so I can trade it for a set of injectors or something useful. lol
Old 12-09-2008, 11:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
its funny the (big) three can build cars we want in the rest of the world but not in North America.Would like a little diesel pickup for runnig around that gets 60mpg.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:27 PM

find an old VW Rabbit diesel pickup...It's the only one i've ever heard of...Should be alot more, i agree
Old 12-09-2008, 12:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by olddodgetrucks
its funny the (big) three can build cars we want in the rest of the world but not in North America.Would like a little diesel pickup for runnig around that gets 60mpg.
It may has something to do with the rest of the world not having to contend with the enforcement of our EPA regulations.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Trebor
It may has something to do with the rest of the world not having to contend with the enforcement of our EPA regulations.
You think?!?!

Instead of giving them billions of dollars, repeal those rules and open up the market to EVERYTHING the big three produces. I might even buy a NEW car then.

Too bad it will never happen. The whole system is rigged.