1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Several of y'all have sent messages to help me find a truck, what a great group.

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2004, 12:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Several of y'all have sent messages to help me find a truck, what a great group.

You folks rock.

I can't tell y'all how much I appreciate your offers to sell me yours or check with your buddies, and to go look at local lots.

Will all these resources, things have to work out for me.

I changed my signature to help you good samaritans know exactly what I seek, and thanks again.

I know I'm a little chatty on the board, thanks for your patience with this newbie, I am FEVERISH to buy a truck.

Here's a question, is anyone else shopping? I spend hours every day online looking, and I see nice trucks, just not what I need. I don't want to clutter up the board with links to every 1st gen for sale in the USA, but if someone wants to tell me exactly what they seek, I'd be more than happy to pass any info along.

For instance, there is a white 250 4x4 5-speed Cummins in South Dakota with 85k. Too far for me...

Don
Old 07-17-2004, 09:39 AM

How about telling us your location so we have an idea of what state you're looking in.
Old 07-17-2004, 10:59 AM

Good point, Spunbearing, I'll add that info to my sig.

I'm in Utah, and travel regular to so Ca., so easier traveling for me would be California, Oregon, Idaho, Colorado, Arizona, and Nevada.

Will consider anything in the west.
Old 07-17-2004, 12:54 PM

http://www.cars.com/go/index.jsp?aff=sacbee

try searching ehre , its how i found mine. you can search up and down CA

jiMMy
Old 07-17-2004, 02:03 PM

There are a bunch of them in California. I find them at autotrader.com fairly frequently. If you don't jump on them right away they are gone though. I missed out on a few sweet deals. I could really kick myself on one in particular. I found a 93 extended cab 2x2 with new paint and injector pump for $750!!!!!! had a bad transmission but ran great! That one went real quick. I think that was a once in a lifetime thing. Woman didn't know what she had. Now I'm re-living the pain of missing that deal... thanks man! haha
Old 07-17-2004, 03:07 PM

Oh yeah, I check autotrader, trucktrader, and cars.com daily, and recycler in soCal, and a few newspapers.

On a different note, car salesman suck.

I called these guys over a week ago about this truck:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...r=&cardist=666

No milage in the ad, salesdude says 130k-ish. A quick vin# check on my part shows 173k. Not huge milage, but I got lied to, and moved on.

A week goes by, the ad is still up, so I called back, "sure we have that truck" salesdude says. The rig seems ideal, when he confirms no gooseneck or 5th wheel (or a fresh bedliner covering fresh patchwork, seen a couple of those) I decide to (gulp) buy it site unseen. Offer $8800 and he agrees, he wants a deposit by credit card to hold it, I agree, as long as the ad is accurate.

So I'm on the southwest website ready to buy a one way to Portland when he calls back, to go over the ad and verify each item, and confirm the deposit. Then he announces "ok, I'm looking at a red, regular cab, 5-speed". Say what? The bonehead is talking about a different truck. "Oh, we sold THAT truck last week".

He sure didn't seem confused when he described the correct truck not an hour earlier. Grrr.

How does that old saying go?
Stress is a condition created by overriding the bodys natural desire to choke the cr*p out of some clown who desperately deserves it.
Old 07-18-2004, 06:39 PM

im lookin for a clean 1st gen reg cab 5 spd if yall know of any! im in utah too
Old 07-18-2004, 09:22 PM

Have you seen this one?

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...r=&cardist=110

Looks very clean, ad doesn't include milage, full priced. I think that area code is Salt Lake/Ogden.

I'll keep an eye out for you.

I just bought one way airfare, a sure sign I found a truck.

I don't wanna' talk about it too much until the title is in my hands, but it is one of the finest I've seen. I should be back weds, ready to post 17 large pics of the beast.

It's even the color I wanted!
Old 07-18-2004, 09:25 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Don H
I think that area code is Salt Lake/Ogden.
435 would be anywhere but Salt Lake to Ogden, as that is 801.

Could be far north as Brigham City, or south Provo to St George.
Pic looks to green to be St George though.

phox
Old 07-19-2004, 12:36 AM

that is in Tremonton to be exact. I called the guy today and he said he didnt want to sell it anymore!! Im thinkin ill call him again and see if i can talk him into it!
Old 07-19-2004, 03:26 AM

I know you are looking for a 92/3 but I found this 95 in Northern CA
Dodge ‘95
3/4 Ton 4x4
diesel long bed, 125K, shell, carpet kit, p/everything & more good truck, $13,500 OBO 530-870-6781
Old 07-19-2004, 10:27 PM
Muted User

Originally posted by Don H
On a different note, car salesman suck. ...
Don't they ever!

Most of them are some of the creepiest folks I've ever had the displeasure of interacting with. Never cease to be amazed by the sleaze-ball factor! Considering the resources available to the average consumer today they seem to be totally clueless & I often wonder if they aren't 'returnees' (rejectees more like it) from an alien abduction gone horribly wrong.

Anyvey ...

Here's one more place to look online:

http://www.thriftynickelads.com/dsp_advanced_search.cfm

Good luck with your search.