1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Random Interior Questions...

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 05:53 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Random Interior Questions...

Just a few things at random here...

Were buckets an option on these trucks? Anybody know where to get some?

Is my truck the only one without Jesus bars? Anybody know where to get some?

I also have a really beat-up driver's-side door upholstery panel. Anybody know where to get one?

Thanks a lot.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:44 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
1: Yes. A junkyard would be the best bet. A couple of guys have put 2nd gen seats in, but really pretty much any pickup truck buckets could be made to fit.

As a side note- What's wrong with you, boy?! Don't you know that bench seats are way better on a date? "It's got a bench seat, baby, you don't have to sit over there."

2: I'm familiar with Jesus clips, but not bars. If I knew what you were referring to, I might know where you could get some. Care to elaborate?

3: http://www.acmetruckparts.com/cgi-bi...02123100451412

I think that's what you're after.
Old 05-02-2005, 08:36 PM
Banned

Jesus Bar- the bar that you hold onto while yelling "OH JESUS!".

Also known as Jesus Handles, Oh- !@#$ Handles, God-No Bars, and Butt-Puckerer Rods... (Must be a dialect thing.) I need to fab some bolt-on ones or something so that I can climb into the vehicle without sliding on the seat...

I think you may be right about the bench... Need a new one, though.

And I hate to be a pain ( ), but I can't figure out how to get to upholstery on that website... I need the entire panel, not just the bottom.

Thanks by the way.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My extended cab had buckets, but they sucked so I put some chevy buckets in, much nicer. I used the original pedistal that the old buckets were bolted to. Worked pretty nice!

Aaron
Old 05-03-2005, 08:09 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
How 'bout this? http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/P...t=door%20panel

I dunno on the grab handles (that's what I've always heard them called), they weren't factory installed so if you saw them on a truck the owner bought them somewhare.
Old 05-04-2005, 04:07 AM
Administrator

Received 232 Likes on 161 Posts
[B]Jesus Bar- the bar that you hold onto while yelling "OH JESUS!".

I have said a few things to Jesus when the Jesus clip snapped off the pliers and got me in the eye.
And a few times when I was trying to install the old style waterpump clamps with a regular pair of pliers and pinched the snot out of my finger.
And you always do that in sets of 3's.
Jim.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:03 AM
Banned

Originally posted by wannadiesel
How 'bout this? http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/P...t=door%20panel

I dunno on the grab handles (that's what I've always heard them called), they weren't factory installed so if you saw them on a truck the owner bought them somewhare.

Goody. That's what I was looking for. Thank you.

So Chevy bucket's fit, do they? How much modification is required?
Old 05-04-2005, 08:20 AM

A lot of modification, takes a welder/grinder etc. Only about a half a days work, took me a while to get the height of the seat right, they are about a half an inch too high, but I retained the tip forward mechanism on the passenger side, and the ability of the seat to slide forward/backward. So its not just bolt them in and go.

Aaron
Old 05-04-2005, 08:28 AM
Banned

Then it would probably be easier (if not cheaper) to get a set of Dodge buckets?

(You see, I can't weld myself out of a box... )

Are the Dodge seats just really really crappy to begin with, or were your's worn out? Still, it's probably possible to reupholster some easier than going through the trouble with the new seats...

I take it that you need to weld in the seat rails out of the Chevy onto the Dodge floor? Or even onto the existing Dodge seat rails... Hmmmm.
Old 05-04-2005, 10:01 AM

I think the dodge ones are crappy, My passenger side one the mechanism for the back to tilt was broken, actually the gear was stripped, so when I got it you could just lean the seat back and it would go all the way down! so I had to weld it solid.

I wouldn't go with the dodge seats from a 1st gen truck, If anything get ones from a 2nd gen.

Also mine is an ext. cab so I don't know how well buckets would fit into a regular cab. What I really wanted was a bench seat out of a 2nd gen that had the center consol that flipped down, but I had these seats so I didn't have to buy anything.