1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

The "No problem, everything is fine" thread.

Old 05-15-2015, 02:29 PM

Liked 1,206 Times in 829 Posts
Originally Posted by bigragu View Post
Can't believe he's sitting on those things after getting them chopped....think we could sit after something like that?
Humans are weak comparatively to what animals do.
Old 05-15-2015, 02:30 PM

Liked 531 Times in 388 Posts
Back to the original design of this post, positive things that come about on our rigs. Ok, I'll bite(not on the dogs things) My rear brakes after final adjustment of the shoes, which are to a slight drag, are pretty darn awesome. Knock Knock Knock on woodie
Old 05-15-2015, 02:43 PM

Liked 1,206 Times in 829 Posts
Yesterday, I drove a little over an hour north to the NJ Meadowlands for a contractor's seminar. Lots of free grub, and I bought a few new tools to play around with. Took the Dodge all the way up.

For anyone not familiar with the NJ Turnpike, North of exit 10, you can imagine one of the crappiest, waviest, head banging road out there, and that's what it's like. I always take the "Truck side" going up, as I feel more comfortable driving with professional truckers than I do driving along side the general retards.

80-90 MPH over these huge "whoop de doo's" in the road surface was a real blast ! Usually it's the junctures between roadway and bridges that gets the Dodge airbound.... It's amazing how much fun these trucks can be getting just the slightest bit of air below the tires.

Didn't miss a beat the entire ride up or back, although I did take the Garden State Cash Cow back, as RT 3 heading back to the Turnpike was a bit backed up.....
Old 05-15-2015, 05:55 PM

Liked 593 Times in 431 Posts
Back to the original design of this post, positive things that come about on our rigs. Ok, I'll bite(not on the dogs things) My rear brakes after final adjustment of the shoes, which are to a slight drag, are pretty darn awesome. Knock Knock Knock on woodie
Glad to hear it.
Old 05-15-2015, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by NJTman View Post
Yesterday, I drove a little over an hour north to the NJ Meadowlands for a contractor's seminar. Lots of free grub, and I bought a few new tools to play around with. Took the Dodge all the way up.

For anyone not familiar with the NJ Turnpike, North of exit 10, you can imagine one of the crappiest, waviest, head banging road out there, and that's what it's like. I always take the "Truck side" going up, as I feel more comfortable driving with professional truckers than I do driving along side the general retards.

80-90 MPH over these huge "whoop de doo's" in the road surface was a real blast ! Usually it's the junctures between roadway and bridges that gets the Dodge airbound.... It's amazing how much fun these trucks can be getting just the slightest bit of air below the tires.

Didn't miss a beat the entire ride up or back, although I did take the Garden State Cash Cow back, as RT 3 heading back to the Turnpike was a bit backed up.....
Speaking of general retards.It rained pretty hard here yesterday for about 15 minutes. That is all it took for two road wizards to end up wheels up within a mile of each other on a straight uphill stretch of freeway. Geez.
Old 05-15-2015, 06:04 PM
Administrator

Liked 394 Times in 287 Posts
I tell ya! It's all the positive energy flowing around here, glad to hear it. Now everyone join hands for a round of Kumbaya ...Mark
Old 05-15-2015, 08:36 PM

Liked 531 Times in 388 Posts
Originally Posted by maybe368 View Post
I tell ya! It's all the positive energy flowing around here, glad to hear it. Now everyone join hands for a round of Kumbaya ...Mark
You wanna know how I'm picturing that event, us all dancing around in that circle? We, too woul have that tapered collar like the dog cause we're all gonna admit that as soon as we tied the knot we, too, got chopped. In fact, looking at that pic of the chopped dog, he looking at us telling us "no different than you folks"
Old 05-16-2015, 01:37 PM

Liked 304 Times in 231 Posts
Great idea for a thread! Someday I'll post here...someday...
Old 05-18-2015, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by MrFusion View Post
Great idea for a thread! Someday I'll post here...someday...
They are all good days, some are just better than others