1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

The "No problem, everything is fine" thread.

Old 05-08-2015, 10:13 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Even though I'm not driving it as much, the old 92 is still pulling strong. One of these days I need to get serious about the electrical issues and get everything working as original again.
Old 05-08-2015, 10:33 AM

Received 535 Likes on 391 Posts
I would like to comment on here about "good things" a going on with my rig, but there's no wood on here to knock on so I won't say anything for now
Old 05-08-2015, 10:55 AM
Administrator

Received 562 Likes on 411 Posts
Originally Posted by mknittle
Ah Bubba the booty bandit. I can think of some perfect roommates for him too.

The things some people do, No words that I can type here come to mind.

On the lighter side Placer county is cultivating bums(Not homeless) for the federal aid money. Any how I saw one pooping on the sidewalk in front of an elementry school yesterday. The county's responce to these incidents? Defection in public is not against any county codes as long as there is no indecent exposure.?????? I have seen three naked female bums in 8 months if that isn't indecent I don't know what is.
I would say that the bum of a bum, or most anyone for that matter (super models excluded), doing what it is designed to do, is indecent in front of a school, or most anywhere in public. That said, they have to go somewhere, so they should be dropping some money on public restrooms. There is a public park a block from my house that closes at 10 PM weekdays and weekends at midnight. After that the shrubbery becomes the public bathroom and, on a hot day in August, it becomes painfully obvious. They should leave the bathrooms open at the park, at least until they find a permanent solution...Mark
Old 05-08-2015, 10:58 AM

Received 600 Likes on 437 Posts
Originally Posted by bigragu
I would like to comment on here about "good things" a going on with my rig, but there's no wood on here to knock on so I won't say anything for now
I don't blame you I jinxed myself when I told you my original master cylinder wasn't leaking yet.
Old 05-08-2015, 11:02 AM
Administrator

I'll try commenting for you, we haven't heard anything about your brakes in a while, so I am jumping to the conclusion that they are working as they should and all is good, carry on...Mark
Old 05-08-2015, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by maybe368
I would say that the bum of a bum, or most anyone for that matter (super models excluded), doing what it is designed to do, is indecent in front of a school, or most anywhere in public. That said, they have to go somewhere, so they should be dropping some money on public restrooms. There is a public park a block from my house that closes at 10 PM weekdays and weekends at midnight. After that the shrubbery becomes the public bathroom and, on a hot day in August, it becomes painfully obvious. They should leave the bathrooms open at the park, at least until they find a permanent solution...Mark
I wish the only problem were the bathrooms here. These people have a "camp" at the county government center! There are about 20 or more and growing everyday. My wife works for the county and said the county workers(mostly women) are afraid something bad is going to happen to them.
The supervisors have had a couple meetings and all they come up with is be aware of your surroundings and walk in pairs. On top of that the sheriff's office is about a block away and have been told not to enter that area unless necessary. Needless to say conceal carry permits are getting very popular. A couple of them tried to intimidate me into giving them a ride acouple months a go. But all complaints fall on deaf ears.

I feel sorry for the homeless but when it becomes a profession they are just Bums
Old 05-08-2015, 11:54 AM
Administrator

I wish the only problem were the bathrooms here. These people have a "camp" at the county government center! There are about 20 or more and growing everyday. My wife works for the county and said the county workers(mostly women) are afraid something bad is going to happen to them.
The supervisors have had a couple meetings and all they come up with is be aware of your surroundings and walk in pairs. On top of that the sheriff's office is about a block away and have been told not to enter that area unless necessary. Needless to say conceal carry permits are getting very popular. A couple of them tried to intimidate me into giving them a ride acouple months a go. But all complaints fall on deaf ears.

I feel sorry for the homeless but when it becomes a profession they are just Bums

I was once jogging along the American River, in your neck of the woods, when I passed through a somewhat large camp. It was not the most pleasing experience because all I had was my shorts, my shoes and my lack of speed, a dangerous combination. It was in the 90's when my ex was a flight attendant and I would meet her at various over night locations. I used to run without id or anything until I realized that I was not in Kansas anymore and if I died or was killed or seriously injured, nobody would know who I was. I started carrying my driver's license. I had a really spooky experience along the Detroit river one time, but that is for another time...Mark
Old 05-08-2015, 12:10 PM

I was once jogging along the American River, in your neck of the woods, when I passed through a somewhat large camp. It was not the most pleasing experience because all I had was my shorts, my shoes and my lack of speed, a dangerous combination. It was in the 90's when my ex was a flight attendant and I would meet her at various over night locations. I used to run without id or anything until I realized that I was not in Kansas anymore and if I died or was killed or seriously injured, nobody would know who I was. I started carrying my driver's license. I had a really spooky experience along the Detroit river one time, but that is for another time...Mark
Sure not the world we grew up in
Old 05-08-2015, 08:12 PM

I'll try commenting for you, we haven't heard anything about your brakes in a while, so I am jumping to the conclusion that they are working as they should and all is good, carry on...Mark
Thnx man! Had the truck parked all week while I drove the camry for commuting purposes. This weekend I'm back to San jose. Taking the truck. 4 hour drive on a Sunday afternoon. Can't wait. Really want to buy and install a fluid damper. Needing a performance fix if you can relate
Old 05-08-2015, 08:23 PM
Administrator

Thnx man! Had the truck parked all week while I drove the camry for commuting purposes. This weekend I'm back to San jose. Taking the truck. 4 hour drive on a Sunday afternoon. Can't wait. Really want to buy and install a fluid damper. Needing a performance fix if you can relate
Go for it, you may end up doing 6 hours. I am heading the 400 miles or so back to Phoenix on Wednesday. I anticipate smooth sailing. I have been down here the past 6 weeks and I really can't wait to get home...Mark
Old 05-09-2015, 07:38 AM

I assumed the brakes were still good
Old 05-09-2015, 08:52 AM

Yes brakes are ok.
Old 05-09-2015, 08:56 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
I assumed the brakes were still good
If we get Aggie to make a positive comment about his brakes, the next thing we can expect is to have to fish his truck out of a sand trap at the top of a runaway ramp.
Old 05-09-2015, 07:09 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Every time I see the title to this post I laugh a little. It makes me think of those times you walk in the house from the garage and the wife is obviuosly irritated. You know, slamming cupboard doors, shoving the vacuum around like she's racing Daytona with it, and giving the evil stink eye to ya.
Me: What's wrong Babe?
Wife: Nothing is wrong, everything is fine
Me: Anything I can do to help? (trying to hide the fear in my voice)
Wife: No, I've got it
Me: Running for cover....
Old 05-09-2015, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by j_martin
If we get Aggie to make a positive comment about his brakes, the next thing we can expect is to have to fish his truck out of a sand trap at the top of a runaway ramp.
you funny man! Hey, listen, call me stupidsticious but seems like every time someone asks me a question that starts with a "How" the positive answer to it all causes it to go poo poo shortly after. I'll let you all know on this tread tomorrow afternoon once I've driven the beast for 4 hours. Right now I'm in the middle of replacing a pool pump cause the one I had ran dry cause the son and wifey forgot to empty the skimmer basket of leaves while I am in the bay for work. An unnecessary $400 later and hackin into the supply and return pipes I'll have it done in a few. Did I say $400? Isn't that approx the cost for a new fluid damper? Was I upset that it ran dry? Wat u think? Check this out- the original pump was ruined about the same time my brakes gave out on me. Wow talk about banner turning into the hulk!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The "No problem, everything is fine" thread.