1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Lots of questions for those much brighter than me

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 12:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lots of questions for those much brighter than me

-Alright, first I am wanting to run a compound setup on my truck and am mainly worried about what kind of fuel I need supply...meaning first what kind of injectors would be best suited for good power and decent fuel mileage..
turbos will probably be of similar hx35-ht3b...or something along those lines....

-What i havent understood about injectors is what is the difference in all the measurements? (example 6x.12 ....or whatever the **** they are)
-what does the first and the second number mean?

- what is the point of just getting new nozzles instead of complete injectors when they are so similar in price?

- on another note, has anyone heard of putting an NV5600 in a 1st gen.

- and I noticed some of yall's sigs say yall have PS intercooler, does that mean powerstroke intercoolers, if so then why strokers intercoolers(are they larger and what years actually fit?)

And dont ask why I want a compound setup... i just want it to play with

- Last but not least...anyone with a junktrag 360....yall had problems with stick having lots of movement while in gear?..(enough movement , that while in gear it is mistaken to be in neutral), if so what what is the problem, fixable?

Thanks,
Old 04-02-2009, 01:43 AM
Banned

Location: anderson commiefornia oh ya you can keep the "change"
Originally Posted by Key1989
-Alright, first I am wanting to run a compound setup on my truck and am mainly worried about what kind of fuel I need supply...meaning first what kind of injectors would be best suited for good power and decent fuel mileage..
turbos will probably be of similar hx35-ht3b...or something along those lines....

-What i havent understood about injectors is what is the difference in all the measurements? (example 6x.12 ....or whatever the **** they are)

- what is the point of just getting new nozzles instead of complete injectors when they are so similar in price?cant help ya there i would like to know too

- on another note, has anyone heard of putting an NV5600 in a 1st gen.nope but that would be sick

- and I noticed some of yall's sigs say yall have PS intercooler, does that mean powerstroke intercoolers, if so then why strokers intercoolers(are they larger and what years actually fit?)yes they hold good psi and i think 2000 to 2004 or 5 the 7.3 one not the 6.0 one

And dont ask why I want a compound setup... i just want it to play withme too BAD

- Last but not least...anyone with a junktrag 360....yall had problems with stick having lots of movement while in gear?..(enough movement , that while in gear it is mistaken to be in neutral), if so what what is the problem, fixable?i dont know about the getrag but in a ford mazda 5 speed(like to the guy that thought of the car trany ina truck...DUHHH.)any way the shift forks are worn thats for the ford take the stick off and look.

Thanks,
Welcome to the site

Brice
Old 04-02-2009, 06:06 PM

- what is the point of just getting new nozzles instead of complete injectors when they are so similar in price?

- on another note, has anyone heard of putting an NV5600 in a 1st gen.

- and I noticed some of yall's sigs say yall have PS intercooler, does that mean powerstroke intercoolers, if so then why strokers intercoolers(are they larger and what years actually fit?)

- Last but not least...anyone with a junktrag 360....yall had problems with stick having lots of movement while in gear?..(enough movement , that while in gear it is mistaken to be in neutral), if so what what is the problem, fixable?

Thanks,
There are a few guys on here with the nv5600. I personally don't know what the swap would involve but i would like too. I know there pretty cashy.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:23 PM

-what does the first and the second number mean?....the first # is the # of holes, the second # is the size of said holes.
- what is the point of just getting new nozzles instead of complete injectors when they are so similar in price?too pricey, just get new injectors

- on another note, has anyone heard of putting an NV5600 in a 1st gen.been done

- and I noticed some of yall's sigs say yall have PS intercooler, does that mean powerstroke intercoolers, if so then why strokers intercoolers(are they larger and what years actually fit?) Yes they are bigger, and require slight modification to fit

Thanks,
Old 04-02-2009, 07:18 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
A PowerStroke intercooler is about the biggest intercooler you can put in a 1st gen without major surgery.

What I think is going on with your Getrag:

The shift lever is made in two pieces with rubber between them. The upper part pulls off the lower part. You are probably a few shifts away from having the upper part come off in your hand. The fix is pretty simple, just jam the upper lever back down on the stub, then use vise grips to squeeze the upper lever tight again.