1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Injectors, pull cable and gauges

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 06:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Injectors, pull cable and gauges

Anybody know what has happened to Southern Diesel Extreme? Have they gone out of business? Their website has been down for over a week. Been wanting to get some injectors first of the year...if anybody has any info let me know. Or if anyone knows a phone number, I'll try calling them.
On a separate note, I just joined the pull cable club...tired of messing with the fuel shutoff. A little trick I found was to use some sort of rubber bushing or rubber washer between the end of the cable and the shutoff. The engine vibration really travels up that cable inside the cab if you don't.
Finally, has anyone had any issues with Glow Shift gauges sending units going bad? My egt sending unit went out first and now my trans temp sending unit has gone bad. The gauge was fluttering a lot at first and now it just stays pegged. I'm assuming it's the sending unit...I have a turbo boost gauge which is mechanical and it is fine. If anyone has any other ideas of what it could be, or has had a similar issue with Glow Shift, let me know. Thanks.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a 99 powerstroke that i put some glowshift gauges in because they were the cheapest ones i could find ( like $200 for boost, trans temp, egt and pod) thought it was a good deal beings all the other brands were over $300!!! So about 6month into haveing the gauges my egt gauge quit working and stayed pegged all the time. My trans temp would flicker all the time and like you said with your mech. boost never gave me a problem. So what i learned after I sold that truck is you get what you pay for!!! Im all about trying to save some money anytime I can but when it comes to gauges bite the bullet and pay for good ones!!!
Old 12-11-2012, 05:51 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
I don't mean to bash and I've never had any personal experience with them but sdx has had a LOT of complaints for long turnaround times on injectors over on CF.

I just got a set of DAP 5 hole nozzles and they arrived fast and they run 10 times better than the 7 hole tips I got from Lee @ contagious. Which by the way I waited 2 months for, and never got what I ordered. I got a different set that he had in stock because the ones I ordered were taking too long to get.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Kind of what I was afraid of. Could you swap green led bulbs into Isspro gauges? I have led bulbs in my dash lights and the Glowshift matches them perfectly, but if they don't work they're not doing me any good. Also, what are the advantages/disadvantages to buying injector nozzles vs. the entire injectors, other than the price difference? Would you lose any fuel flow by putting, say, 5x.014 nozzles on a stock injector body?
Old 12-12-2012, 05:08 PM

Received 63 Likes on 45 Posts
I have the glowshift 3 in 1 and no complaints.