1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Im counting day the day!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 08:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if someone has a genereator i could throw my 26 gallon air compressor in the bed.... plenty of air to knock out all the untabbed KDP's lol dave i'm sure that's what you would like to be doing all day long right? we could line up the trucks that need it done and give you a "director" chair... anyways, let me know.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:35 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Let's try to keep this one more social. I have a long drive at the end of the day, so I don't plan on doing a whole lot of work. I'm sure I'll wind up under quite a few hoods by accident anyway.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:19 AM

What time is dinner, I'm trying to figure out when to plan my entrance. Or if I should wash my truck friday night or saturday morning.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wannadiesel,

Sorry for me too if I did something wrong on the forum. I just jumped the gun I guess. This is just too exciting! See you guys there!
Old 06-04-2007, 01:52 PM

what happened? when i left work friday tom had a post looking for something and asking if someone had one to bring to kentucky. one guy posted in another idea (but i didn't take it as him selling something). then i posted that i had what tom wanted and would GIVE (again no mention of selling)it to him. i get to work this morning and all has been deleted.

i understand the rules to be no advitersing or posting for sale items in the forum (and it's a good rule). what i dont understand. is it against the rules for a member to ask if anyone has a kinnibling pin without posting a wanted add in the classifieds?

i also acknowledge the fact that more posting may have occured after i left work friday (i generally only goof off here while i'm at work) that compromised the integrity of the post.

not trying to ruffle any feathers, just want to know so i dont do it again

daryl
Old 06-04-2007, 03:38 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Originally Posted by QIK2D
i understand the rules to be no advitersing or posting for sale items in the forum (and it's a good rule). what i dont understand. is it against the rules for a member to ask if anyone has a kinnibling pin without posting a wanted add in the classifieds?
No. But it is against the rules to ask if they have one to sell. Did that clear it up or make it more confusing?

I figure that when somebody brings something to a swap meet he plans on selling it.

I'll be bringing several things myself, but I'm not saying what they are.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:56 PM

I'm bringing some things, and they will be free because of their low value. Lets all get excited about this weekend. i just talked to Gary at Scheid and he thought that we had something good going on here and wished us luck for this weekend. I think its awesome that if everything goes well, next year we could have vendors and a dyno. Still wondering about dinner time though, and I too might have a 3200 spring looking for an installer or a very patient instructor. I'll see everyone this weekend.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by efbeason
If I do this, will it make my egt's go up? Is there a trade-off by getting more hp (higher egt, engine heating, etc)? Thanks!
Yes, EGT's will go up. More fuel, more EGT's. Bully dog advertises a 40 HP gain with their pin (this mod.)
But isnt terrible. I gained 100* after I did mine, but thats at WOT too.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by wannadiesel
No. But it is against the rules to ask if they have one to sell. Did that clear it up or make it more confusing?

I figure that when somebody brings something to a swap meet he plans on selling it.

I'll be bringing several things myself, but I'm not saying what they are.
ok, i'll buy that . i just figured if someone needed something special brought to ky it would be more effective to post in here rather than hope we see it in the wanted adds. now i know discussing prices and such is a no-no . but it's kinda a special occasion thing. like i said, not trying to ruffle feathers. and btw wanna, i dont envy the job you have as moderator trying to keep us in line.

thanks for the reponse. looking forward to meeting ya'll on the 9th.
daryl
Old 06-04-2007, 08:06 PM
KRB

Received 500 Likes on 353 Posts
Originally Posted by QIK2D
ok, i'll buy that . i just figured if someone needed something special brought to ky it would be more effective to post in here rather than hope we see it in the wanted adds. now i know discussing prices and such is a no-no . but it's kinda a special occasion thing. like i said, not trying to ruffle feathers. and btw wanna, i dont envy the job you have as moderator trying to keep us in line.

thanks for the reponse. looking forward to meeting ya'll on the 9th.
daryl
Guess thats what I was thinking too. Not trying to make any deals on line but trying to be efficient so folks know what to bring and what to leave home. Thats cool though, it will all be a suprise! Just like Christmas morning!

This is all day right? Strating Saturday morning and then some camping out right?
Old 06-04-2007, 08:14 PM
KRB

Received 500 Likes on 353 Posts
Originally Posted by efbeason
I have bought the 3200 rpm governor spring from PDR and I would like to have it put in at the KY meet if I can find someone there to do it. But, I am gonna be about four hours from home. So, my question is will I have any trouble getting back home? Also, if I have this done, is there anything else I should do while I am into the pump (fuel pin, etc)? I am totally ignorant to how the pump works and the internals of it. Thanks alot to you guys in advance!
And it sounds like several of us have gov springs in the bag. Can we have a formal "how to" session, maybe efbeason can be the guinnea pig. Who will be our Great Teacher of Diesel performance?

Are there some other relatively easy "how tos" that we can share? Like maybe a 101 session on starwheel & smoke screw adjustment, etc. Any volunteers?

If it doesn't rain here soon I'm afraid that we'll have to eat the pig raw unless TBoling can microwave it!
Old 06-04-2007, 10:26 PM

Are we to bring any food? If so what should I bring? Anything else? Is there a list together of what everyone is bringing and how many people are coming?

I can't wait
Michael
Old 06-05-2007, 12:04 AM

Received 75 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by 92DIESEL
Are we to bring any food? If so what should I bring? Anything else?

Bring what you would normally bring to a family re-union.

Covered dish-- not broccoli casserole --, a dessert, plenty of drinks, coolers, ice, tater-chips, peanut M&Ms, etc.

Also, lawn-chairs, a folding table would be nice, one of those sun-shade gazebo type shelters to get out of the sun/rain.

Garbage bags to clean up your own mess, so the nice property owners will possibly have us again next year.

Diesel-soaked rags tied around the ankles to keep chiggars and ticks from climbing up>>>this is a recently cut hay field.

If you have to ask what a chiggar is, and then get eat up with them, you will never forget them as long as you live---I promise, as a chiggar infestation is one of the most traumatic experiences to live through.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:03 PM

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts
Just make sure everyone visits the classifieds before leaving home so we can bring all the things that people need. I don't personnaly see the problem with discussing what we need but it is against the rules I guess. Wanna, I would like a face to face when we get there to discuss these rules if possible. Just lets all visit the classifieds and we can post needed items there. See ya there, leaving Cave City in the morning to head that way.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:02 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Originally Posted by KRB
And it sounds like several of us have gov springs in the bag. Can we have a formal "how to" session, maybe efbeason can be the guinnea pig. Who will be our Great Teacher of Diesel performance?

Are there some other relatively easy "how tos" that we can share? Like maybe a 101 session on starwheel & smoke screw adjustment, etc. Any volunteers?

If it doesn't rain here soon I'm afraid that we'll have to eat the pig raw unless TBoling can microwave it!
I'm sure there will be enough experienced guys to get governor springs and the like changed for all who want that. I'm happy to teach how or just do it - whichever suits the truck owner.

I'm bringing plenty of tools including an injector puller and bore brush.

Quick Reply: Im counting day the day!!!