1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Dash Pods

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 10:18 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Dash Pods

Hey Jim Lane.

Where did you get this dash pod?

I'm looking to get about 6 instruments off a floor mounted enclosure and up on top so they're useful. I find with the floor mount that they can be a dangerous distraction, and they take up floor space I need for a computer pedestal. (for GPS, multiple input parameters monitoring and alarms, and cameras.)

Would be nice to find a left hand and right hand version.

I'd also like to get (or make) an overhead center (conversion van type) mount for a CB radio, air horn lanyard, and a half a dozen switches.

Old 07-08-2014, 12:05 PM

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts
The venerable US Gear Gauge pods from the mid to late 2000's. No longer available. The top half was universal / multi application but the bottom half was the bugger that was harder to get and custom made to fit 1st gen dashes. They were very nice. Wish I had bought a few. Either way, it might be worth calling them and speaking to someone who has been around forever to see if they know of one hiding in a corner (or someones personal stash)

pic of the 4 pod version:

Old 07-08-2014, 04:56 PM

Received 600 Likes on 437 Posts
Originally Posted by PapeCAT
The venerable US Gear Gauge pods from the mid to late 2000's. No longer available. The top half was universal / multi application but the bottom half was the bugger that was harder to get and custom made to fit 1st gen dashes. They were very nice. Wish I had bought a few. Either way, it might be worth calling them and speaking to someone who has been around forever to see if they know of one hiding in a corner (or someones personal stash)

pic of the 4 pod version:

that's the one I have. glad I got it when I did.
Old 07-08-2014, 06:39 PM
KRB

Received 497 Likes on 350 Posts
I have the two pod and want the three pod. I have the top for a 4 pod but not the base, grrrrr.

Wish they'd make a few again.
Old 07-08-2014, 09:37 PM
Administrator

Received 232 Likes on 161 Posts
I got mine from Banks Engineering here in Azusa when I bought my exhaust, I bought the pyrometer and boost gauges and he gave me the pod for free.

Long since obsolete because they have the custom bottom piece they was specific to the truck it fit to put the pod to the far right otherwise the top part looks like a universal one.

If you took a universal pod you could make the bottom part to fit the contour of the dash, mold from clay and then vacuum form or fiberglass one.
Just an idea.
Jim
Old 07-08-2014, 10:03 PM

Received 600 Likes on 437 Posts
Originally Posted by Jim Lane
I got mine from Banks Engineering here in Azusa when I bought my exhaust, I bought the pyrometer and boost gauges and he gave me the pod for free.

Long since obsolete because they have the custom bottom piece they was specific to the truck it fit to put the pod to the far right otherwise the top part looks like a universal one.

If you took a universal pod you could make the bottom part to fit the contour of the dash, mold from clay and then vacuum form or fiberglass one.
Just an idea.
Jim
I was thinking fiberglass but hadn't thought of vacuum forming. Probably how the originals were made.
Old 07-09-2014, 01:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a 4 pod one. Pm me if ya want it..