1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Cruise control disemgages by itself.

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2004, 07:34 AM
Administrator

Received 232 Likes on 161 Posts
Cruise control disemgages by itself.

I have a 1991 D-350 dually and I am having a problem with the cruise control. It usually works ok except it shuts off all by itself. It mainly happens when the truck hits a rough part of the freeway of when the truck bounces due to the rough ride. I am thinking it is like it has a faulty or at least sensative impact sensor. Does anybody know if these trucks have one and where it is located. I already checked all of the wiring and am confident it is not an intermittant electrical problem.
Also if you saw my other post in "OTHER"
"My Ram rammed by a Nissan". I am waiting to hear from my insurance company will be probably be monday. They have the specs. and will remove the bed and mount it on the rack. They use a laser with sensors mounted to the frame and said they can get it back better than factory. I sure hope so.. They are also going to have my driveshaft balanced and I told them I wanted to have the tailshaft housing removed and inspected for any impact damage. I don't want to have any problems down the line because of something I missed. Is there anything anyone can think of that I should have checked. They said make a list for us and they will have an adjuster meet with us at the garage. The people at the garage are really good and honest and are on my side. Should be though cause they have fixed my truck 4 times already. State Farm does not send out an adjuster when I deal with them.
How come there is no drain plug on my 727 trans? It wouldn't of cost that much to put one on and would sure alot cleaner... How much ATF and what kind is the best to use when I change the filter? It had the aux cooler under the bed. Thanks for any help. Jim
Old 11-20-2004, 07:09 PM

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
Try adjusting the switch on your brake pedal. You are probably getting some bounce in the pedal when you hit bumps and the movement is enough to release the switch. Move the switch slightly deeper into the bracket so it depresses the plunger a little farther.