1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

A/C compressor not working (electrical issue)

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 11:15 AM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by maybe368
If it has messed itself up inside sure. Think about it, you said that just by turning on the switch, it blows. It could be just energizing the actual short else where or it could have an internal fault that takes it to ground. They are not that expensive and the easiest way would be to replace it with a quality switch and see what happens. I don't like throwing parts at problems, but in this case it may be the easiest thing to do.I like rockauto because they generally give you multiple options for quality. Dies everything move smoothly when the switch is turned?...Mark
yeah feels smooth when i turn the key. when i first replaced the ignition switch i also relayed the headlights and running lights to take the load off the switch, but i never relayed the blower motor so that wire still gets pretty hot. guess ill take the ignition switch out and see if anything is burnt up in there
thanks