1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Anyone running WVO grease in your rigs

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 03:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone running WVO grease in your rigs

I'm in the process of building a grease kit for my 93 one ton. Does anyone on the forum
have a grease kit installed on your truck. I attempted to do a search, but didn't turn anything up.
I'm hoping to stay with the frybrid valves, but I'm going to need a 26 plate heat exchanger, and filter
and tank.

I have a 98 tdi that has a grease car kit on it, but I'm hoping to save some money and learn about building my
own kit this time.

Any help would be great.

Thanks Michael
Old 09-27-2007, 05:05 PM

There is a alt fuel / bio diesel section , just a little hidden , top of page - forums-general , at the top of the general page is the bio diesel .
I've been looking at this for some time [ lots of studies done by Universities ect ] , there are a lot of people doing that and places selling equipment , since so many are doing it , many believe in it , I have not seen any studies that have been done to the extent that bio-diesel has , bio diesel if processed right can be certified as a diesel fuel , with out processing correctly vegetable oil can not be , so I would recommend not to use unprocessed as fuel .
You can build a processor cheap enough , and then not have to worry or pay for issues later .
A couple sites .

http://www.girlmark.com/

http://biodiesel.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=cfrm&s=447609751
Old 09-27-2007, 07:22 PM

Thanks for the info on the biodiesel I'm just doing research into coverting my truck to grease. We are a legal rendering company in texas. So I can get all the cheap filtered / dewatered grease I can burn. We burn about 60 gallons of biodiesel a week sometimes. And it would safe us alot of money if we greased the truck.

I'm hoping to find people in the truck community that have greased this model and what they used as parts. Nothing like re-inventing the wheel. LOL

Thanks for the info about the alt forum.

Michael
ad removed
Old 09-27-2007, 09:33 PM

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts
Just don't advertise the fact that you are running it unless you are paying fuel tax on it. There have been a few posts lately about getting hugh fines for not paying fuel tax.