12 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Talk about the 12V engine and drivetrain here. This is for 1994-1998.5 engine and drivetrain discussion only.

Ford guy...looking to come over to this side!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 01:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Dojman
Dave, I had "your" truck til you mentioned the maroon
****! What's up with maroon anyways! How can you like that color! I'd just repaint it!

TxDiesel007...what color is your truck? Looks like it fits the bill! Let me know if you need to find a new truck

I'm seriously shocked that it's not even trying to find a good deal on the truck I want, but rather finding a **** truck that matches the criteria even! I might have to stick with a Ford!
Old 06-20-2005, 11:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My rig is white

sorry not for sale.. BUT check your PM mailbox and i suggest move it.. seriously.. im tryin to help...

Tx
Old 06-20-2005, 03:44 PM

Got your PM!

Found another...not a 4x4 though!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...sPageName=WDVW
Old 06-20-2005, 10:17 PM

Bleh, it's a stick! But it's RED , not 4x4 either.
Old 06-23-2005, 03:10 PM

Darn the mileage! Looks like a great truck though! 4x4 5-spd extended cab long bed! Is there a "worry point" on these trucks as far as mileage goes?

Then again my truck's got 270K on it, and it still looks great!

Old 06-23-2005, 07:28 PM

I found that when shopping that finding a bolt action was like trying to find hens teeth - everything thing I found was an auto loader except for 2 (first one I did not move fast enough on).

I would have loved to had gotten a 4x4 bolt action fire engine red short bed quad cab (where the rear of the ext cab opens up on both sides) either 24v or 12v (I'm not too picky in that department) but money wise it just did not work out for me.

Not to say I'm not happy with what I got but just would have been happier. Took me probably 3 months to find this one. I was really picky with the looks dept (no rust, no dents, no scratches of any kind - basically looks new on the outside/inside). So keep looking you'll find it.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:07 PM

Thanks for the vote of confidence! A nationwide search of autotrader shows a handful country-wide that I'll have to drive for, which makes it difficult, I'd have to have someone check it out for me before-hand before I went to go get it. Ahhh...bolt action, I take it that's code-speak for a manual.

You're very well versed in the IDI as well, what do you figure mine might be worth?
Old 06-23-2005, 09:03 PM

Bolt action

Yup, u got it, manual trans.. IDI, is considered the basement on ford diesel sites. Best of luck in the truck search dave!

Tx
Old 06-23-2005, 11:44 PM

Basement LOL, well thanks

It looks like I'm going to check out that truck this weekend...he said if I 'end the auction now' he will give it to me for $10K. Not a bad price at all...got to see what Ma Bank says though, and see what else I might be interested in.
Old 06-24-2005, 03:58 AM

Humm I would say stick $4500 on the window. And take the best offer.

The 270k is gonna hurt ya in the eyes of most shopping. Throw it up on TDS classisifeds and stand back.

I drove from NE IN to SW MO to get my Dodge, I basically bought sight unseen (did get pics emailed but they did not do it justice). I sent a hundred bucks or so to hold it then when I arrived if it knocked my socks off then I would hand over the check - as you can tell from what I'm driving now you can pretty much gather that it was all he said it was over the phone.

Buying long distance is not quite the best thing to do but if you ask the right questions you can come out ok. I would suggest getting a good feel for what your looking at by looking at some locally that aren't really what your looking for but have the same drivetrain so that you can see some common things then ask them over the phone. I looked at gassers here locally to get a feel for the truck, then looked at some autos to get a feel for the engine. Then figured what the heck can be wrong with the tranny - it's a manual for crying out loud. I just asked when the clutch was done.

I will say the only thing I backed off on my want list was a stock truck - that I did not get - she came equipped the way you see her in my sig. - OH darn....
Old 06-24-2005, 03:26 PM

Good luck dave!

10K is a good price!! i think... as for the IDI i sold mine down here here are the specs...

1993 F 250 XL, two door long bed, 4x4 five speed, alcoa rims, stock except for K&N airfilter, white, red 4x4 stickers, headache rack, toolbox, brand new 265 ten ply tires, gooseneck and reciever hitches, pioneer in the head deck, Full caps on alcoa rims, and a teconsha brake contoller. Warn manual hubs custom tailgate, original tailgate, and stock rims all went as well..

Sold it for 5000 dollars..good lookin rig, condition like urs at best id say.

Needless to say, nice downpayment on my current ride....

Tx