12 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Talk about the 12V engine and drivetrain here. This is for 1994-1998.5 engine and drivetrain discussion only.

98 QC 12V 4wd SB, what's it worth?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 01:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow that is really cool of you to offer but it is actually at a dealer in northern Iowa, the truck itself was registered there in Minnepolis for all those years. Thanks for the offer though.

The guy who was supposed to send me more pictures is dragging his feet so I'm debating contacting him the third time to get some more pictures, if he wants to hold onto it longer I guess that is up to him.
Old 06-01-2005, 09:27 AM

Giving it another try.... <re-edited>

I emailed the guy and said I was interested, I called the guy yesterday with questions and again today then gave him a $1k deposit. I emailed him with some additional questions and he thought I was somebody else I guess, so he apologized and said one of his salesmen sold it. I called him on the phone to verify this was the case... again he apologized. I emailed him reminding him to give the $1k deposit back then, he opened that and realized.... Long story short, it is mine again!!

Sorry for all the confusion, either the guy isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer or has to much going on. He told me he wrote my name down as Seth M..... rather than Jeff M..... but my last name is the same either way so.... Oh well, I only have to deal with him once.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:38 AM

Wow. Sorry about that, I saw your pix, it was a great looking unit! They don't sit around long!
Old 06-02-2005, 01:12 AM

Ok, like I said before (explanation above). I bought a truck finally. I'm going to pick it up Saturday. No rust, no wander, no brake pull, no oil leaks, no gooseneck hitch, no mods, no accidents, no bodywork, all fresh oils, passed a 45pt inspection, 75% tires, only 131k miles for $13500. Here are some pictures;

So... smoke or clear?

I plan on tinting the windows and probably adding some greyscaled type body graphics to the sides of the truck.
Old 06-02-2005, 06:40 AM

WOW,

That truck looks great. I have been looking for a while to upgrade, but am having a real hard time. That truck is a find!!

congrads
Old 06-02-2005, 10:32 AM

Man...you're making me feel like I paid too much...

Looks excellent.....xcept for the girly man exhaust....whats up with that??
Old 06-02-2005, 11:52 AM

Thanks, I've actually seen a couple better deals in the time I've watched these trucks but I'd have to say this is in the top 3 or 4 I've ever seen. So if you watch long enough you're bound to find a good deal, just a matter of time.

I contacted somebody about getting a 5" system for it but they haven't gotten back with me yet, they were selling it for $340 shipped previously!

My plans for it is to spend the next few months to get it all paid off then start getting into the good mods then. Until then I may get a 3k GSK, 5" exhaust, timing bumped a little bit, do some sound insulating, and those few simple looks things I mentioned before. I'm setting up a deal for a folding tonneau cover right now.
Old 06-02-2005, 11:59 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I like the clear-colored clearance lights on your truck. The smoke shade might look just "dirty". My truck has amber clearance lights, OK for a black truck, but the smoke might have looked better. Congrats. Beautiful truck. Great price.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:44 AM

i have a friend of a frind that is selling his 98 12 valve ex cab 5 speed 2wd short bed. i think it has 175k on it and i think he is the original owner. and it is a honest to god texas truck. located in the dfw area if any one is intrested in it shoot me a pm and i will get you his #. he is asking 10k for it. it is white slt 2wd ex cab, not quad cab. i was trying to buy it from him before i got my wifes 98 quad cab 5 speed 12v.
and that is a nice looking truck you got. and i am heading to st.louise mo. next week and could deliver it for some fuel money. mike
Old 06-05-2005, 11:08 PM

Well I wouldn't say the truck was quite a good as the dealer said it was but he is a dealer so.... It surely wasn't different enough to turn the deal down, I'd like to grab a new tailgate. Everything else will clean up without any problems.

I'm amazed how huge this truck is, I'm 6ft tall and I almost need the steps to get in. Another thing I was suprised with was the oversized tires, it came stock with 245s and is running 265s (which still look small). So I drove 5mph over the whole way back, so I was driving "75" but today I found out it was actually a little over 81mph. The truck had no issues with gaining speed at all, I had a cop pull out behind me when I was going "70" in a 70, but I was actually going about 76 then, not knowing this I slowed down to "67" anyway he didn't bother. After factoring this in I got about 21.5mpg on the way home with no tonneau cover, going about 75mph on average.

I spent a few hours today getting it cleaned up, it looks so much better now. I love the way it sounds, it sounds like a real truck especially after removing the silencer ring. I bumped the idle speed up today, the only other mechanical thing that bothers me is when I shut it off it lets out a squeal for about a second. I can't say I've looked into it yet though. The belt looks good. I'll probably stop at the cummins dealer by work Monday and pick some filters up.

ps- I'll start taking pictures and get the site up and going once I get it cleaned up.