Towing and Hauling / RV Discuss towing and hauling here. Share your tips and tricks. RV and camping discussion welcome.

Flush King or Quickie Flush??

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 03:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flush King or Quickie Flush??

Do any of you use a Flush King or Quickie Flush and if so, how is it working for you?

I have used a FK in the past and felt it did an Ok job. My buddy uses the QF and says it's the best.

Your opinions.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:01 PM

I have been using the Flush King for about 3 years now and really like it. It allows me to see when the tanks are clean and I can flush all the tanks with it. I flush the black tank at every stop and the grey tanks every third trip.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:06 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Tornado.

I never had one single issue with stench OR false level readings on my black tank after installing the Tornado.

I'm not understanding how you can get the tank clean from 5 feet down the line? I see the purpose of the clear connector/elbow, but tank cleaning should be done from INSIDE the tank IMO.

I had an enclosed underbelly, took about 2 hours total to get in there, get it installed and button it back up. (waited over night to prove the seal didn't leak before closing everything back up).
Old 01-03-2008, 09:07 PM

I have never heard of either, I thought you guys were talking about some additive for the tank. I did a google on them and see that the flush king is some type of valve change. Did not find anything on the other item. I take it the tornado is another simliar product. I just getting back into the rv world this year. Finally getting a bit better unit something I can be a bit more fussy with.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by P.J
Tornado.

I never had one single issue with stench OR false level readings on my black tank after installing the Tornado.

I'm not understanding how you can get the tank clean from 5 feet down the line? I see the purpose of the clear connector/elbow, but tank cleaning should be done from INSIDE the tank IMO.

I had an enclosed underbelly, took about 2 hours total to get in there, get it installed and button it back up. (waited over night to prove the seal didn't leak before closing everything back up).
x2 that's what I use and it does a good job and my sensors read true.

Originally Posted by RRAMctd
I have never heard of either, I thought you guys were talking about some additive for the tank. I did a google on them and see that the flush king is some type of valve change. Did not find anything on the other item. I take it the tornado is another simliar product. I just getting back into the rv world this year. Finally getting a bit better unit something I can be a bit more fussy with.
The Flush king pumps water up the drain tube to basically fill the tank so you can dump again. Pros you can do both gray and black tanks but I've never had an issue with our gray tank.

The Tornado and or Quickie flush both mount inside the tank. You cut a 1" or so circular hole into the top of the tank and they spray water inside the tank aiding in the drainage and or flushing of the tank. The main and only difference I see between the two is the Tornado spins much like a sprinkler under pressure and very fast. The quickie flush has jets that spray streams into the tank and in my opinion does not do as good of a job. You then connect a water line to a hose end and turn it on.

Advice on any tank cleaning device wand or any of the above, DO NOT USE YOUR DRINKING HOSE, get a second and mark it for tank use only.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:12 PM

Thanks for explaining that. My brother just bought a brand new unit and he said they have some type of spray system in the tank. The 92 I am getting probably does not have something like that. I am purchaseing a 92 28.8ft Travelaire. It seems like a real nice unit, supposed to be top of the line for its day.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:20 AM

I do not use any chemicals in our tank. I use the GEO method and use use water softener and laundry detergent so nothing can ever stick to the sensors or the tank. Back filling the tank with the Flush King works very well with this method. I can usually back fill it twice and I am seeing clear water coming out. Two of our RV friends have the Tornado in their black tanks and they seem to work fine to. We are getting ready to buy a new 5th wheel and it will come with the Tornado in the tank. I will use it from time to time but will still use the Flush King.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:56 AM

My 5th wheel has a built-in flush system. I didn't use it while dry camping because I was hauling the black water away with a portable tote. Tank developed a fishy smell. I accused the wife of not keeping the beaver clean, but she said the beaver was being polished daily. Not quite sure what she meant by that but I knew I was not appling wax on a daily basis. Anyway, the only thing I could think that was causing the smell was residue on the tank walls. I used a garden spayer with toliet cleaner and spayed down the walls. Smell went away.