2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain Discussion for all Dodge Rams from 1994 through 2002. Please, no engine or drivetrain discussion.

boogy man in my truck ! no lie

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2004, 02:05 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry boogy man in my truck ! no lie

Once in a while my doors will lock and un-lock theme selves over and over,sitting sill, driving down the road it doesnt matter Its very annoying cause' my interior light will keep coming on !!!! One day @ work it was like 10 degrees out so I started my truck up early when I was going out to my truck to leave my dome light was on so I new mr. boogy was @ it again I stood by the truck and waited for the doors to un lock after about 2 min. they did and I got in. now I carry a spare key in my pocket so that wont happen again . It has'nt done it for about a month so maybee its fixed I dont know? has anyone ever had this happen to them? also I hate the fact that the doors lock @ 25mph cause when you get out the drivers side unlocks (of course) but if your wanting to get to the passenger side you always have to unlock the doors this stinks. I cant tell you how many times Ive went to the pass. door and it was locked!!!maybee you guys know how to turn this option off if not Ill have to make friends with boogy and get him to unlock it for me
Old 05-16-2004, 02:44 PM

Re: boogy man in my truck ! no lie

also I hate the fact that the doors lock @ 25mph cause when you get out the drivers side unlocks (of course) but if your wanting to get to the passenger side you always have to unlock the doors this stinks. I cant tell you how many times Ive went to the pass. door and it was locked!!!maybee you guys know how to turn this option off if not Ill have to make friends with boogy and get him to unlock it for me [/B]
Look in the owners manual for the procedure to turn off this option, i did it in a couple of minutes, but i cant remember what the steps are. i know it tells ya in the owners manual.
Old 05-16-2004, 03:06 PM
Banned

Ill check into it thanks
Old 05-16-2004, 07:18 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Do you live near any military installations?
I heard from a guy who was having similar problems, turned out to be a signal coming from the nearby base. They wouldn't tell him what the signal was, classified, but that it would effect his electronics. Only reason he traced it to the base was because when he parked on the side of a large concrete building that blocked the view towards the installation he had no problems.
Old 05-16-2004, 07:27 PM
Banned

I thought it was my garage door opener at first,then the spare keychain thingy,but its happened @ work and @ the store and @ home so it dont make since sometimes even tho the doors are un locked itll keep trying to un lock them by its self ...clic clic clic clic clik click clik over and over Im pulling my hair out here. It might be my actuator that runs the door locks but its not doing it now I cant figger out whats in common when its doing it...I guess Ill be ok untill my windows start going up and down in the rain Im sure that somebodys had this happen before
Old 05-16-2004, 09:10 PM

Sounds like the remote module has gone loony tunes!!!

If its doing things like that by itself you may as well not even lock the truck anymore!!LOL

Not sure if a bad ground or something like that may cause it but its worth a shot to check the plugs on the module to make sure.

Jason
Old 05-16-2004, 09:15 PM

Try leaving the remote home. Maybe a short in the remote.
Old 05-16-2004, 09:34 PM
Banned

Ill have two wait till it does it again so I can try to ditch my remote, .............."Sounds like the remote module has gone loony tunes!!!" wheres the module @ is it the little metal round things by the accelerator pedal.....they look like they run off vacuum or something when the doors lock and unlock they click kind of loud ,I think those are the accuators Im not sure where the modulle is
Old 05-17-2004, 09:18 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
How about just removing the batteries from the remote when it's acting up?
Old 05-17-2004, 12:54 PM

I have similar problems, they replaced my ctm(central timer module), but it did not fix the problem. I think it might be the door latch sensor, I'm taking mine in for the 4th time next week. I think this is the same reason my alarm keeps going off? My alarm went off yesterday in my driveway while I was working on my lawn so I'm sure no one was around messing with it.

My horn also stopped working but it works with the remote so i also have a another problem, maybe it's related???
Old 05-17-2004, 01:10 PM
Banned

It didnt really start untill I removed my door panels @ first I thought that the lock pull up thinging by the window was just dragging on the panel and was not releasing all the way so it keep trying to fix its self after moving my panel around a couple of times i guess it sort of quit then..... and it must start back up when I bump the pannel when I get out. Have you removed you door panels ? those little clips can be a pain if you strip any out or break theme off the door panel wont quite stay in perfect possition .
Old 05-17-2004, 03:24 PM

I've never had my panels off. The problem is worse whem I'm bouncing around bumpy roads. I'm hoping a door sensor adjustment or replacement fixes the problem. maybe it's just a loose wire.
Old 05-19-2004, 10:18 PM

Cell Phone? It sounds strange but my old cell phone would make my truck do strange things when I left it in my truck. Drove me nuts.