TXDTR #8 Forum for the Texas chapter #8

DTR #8 April Meet in Ennis

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 12:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
By the way.....The more I drive this transmission.....The sweeter it is!!!

It has about 1300 miles on it now...since the build. It just hooks and goes, firm shifts.....you can def. tell a tremendous difference. The rpms are so low around town but the motor doesn't seem like it's struggling at all. Much quieter going up a steep hill on the Central service road near my house.

I haven't beat on it much.......but it doesn't seemed phased by it all. Towed the Toyhauler to Oklahoma a couple of weeks ago.....just cruised.

Anybody on the fence about a built trans.....I have no reservations about recommending DTT, the DTT Triple Disc TC, or James Northum's work!

Old 04-03-2008, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by bnold
I want to do the $40 race, but I want to make more than one run... Not gonig to mess with it if I have to sit in line for an hour for 1 run!

Does anybody think it is going to be crowded there? Surely not as many trucks as Houston, right?

And....would we be able to pay the $40 and bracket race....but not have to join the DHRA and pay the extra $50 for the class races? I don't recall joining DHRA when bracket racing in Houston.

Old 04-03-2008, 08:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My only concern is they are squeezing all the racing into 10am to 6pm... Where as Houston was multi-day... I'm sure the turnout will be much less... Guess we will have to wait and see!
Old 04-03-2008, 09:42 AM

brian, I might need you to email me some directions on how to wire a switch that can cut power at the battery for my fass
Old 04-03-2008, 10:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bigredBCS
... I might need ....to wire a switch that can cut power at the battery for my fass
Why is that needed?

RJ
Old 04-03-2008, 11:42 AM

So who is definately going to Ennis and definately racing?? I am still debating whether im going for a whole list if various reasons............but I need to make up my mind and get prepared on Friday if I am. It sounds like we are all kinda "winging it"...but I need some more solid answers. Time is short now.

I love all of our number and variety of events we attend.....but im just really feeling squeezed on time (especially) and money (after dropping 12k+ in the last month on a new shed, new fence and built trans!).

Somewhere I need to back off a little bit....and it sounds like this may be the one. Not to mention $4 a gallon diesel and my concerns about head gasket/drive pressures.

Old 04-03-2008, 11:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm going to Ennis from Sedalia.
Paying $40.00 to run 'inbetween' races!

RJ
Old 04-03-2008, 12:06 PM

I'm going to Ennis for sure. Just switched the dang tires! Dont think the Nitrous bottle is getting filled though...
Old 04-03-2008, 12:08 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by bnold
Well got the truck inspected at my normal place up here... Guy spent about 5 mins rollin under the truck and asked "Do you have a muffler on this thing?" I said yep twin turbos federal law considers turbine devices as replacements for mufflers. "Oh ok cool" $14.50 later and I got a pretty sticker!
Went to Kwik Kar last week for my inspection. The guy doing the inspection spent more time asking questions about the truck and mods than actually doing the inspection. Never even looked under the truck.

The other place I usually go for inspections is all over the underside and under the hood while inspecting. He actually gave me grief once before about my BHAF saying that open element air filters aren't legal. He showed me the reg in the book, but since it said "gasoline powered" in the wording I told him it didn't apply.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:09 PM
I watch wind blow...

everyone be safe on your travels this weekend. and good luck to all hope the numbers are good
Old 04-03-2008, 03:28 PM

Robert, I do think head gasket pro lend are really an issue for you right now... Mine was seeing high 40's.

And rowland: new fass wiring harness interferes wit the smarty when downloading. I have to unhook the batt to change levels and stuff.... Wait who am I kidding...it never leaves sw9! But for updates its a pain.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:14 PM

whoops the iPhone messed up my last post... I meant to say I don't think I would be worried about the headgasket on a stock turbo... I have had mine up to 50 with the 66 with no problems...but I am doing studs tomorrow
Old 04-03-2008, 04:34 PM
Chapter President

"Don't worry, just do it how I did it, you don't need studs" "Oh, OK. What are you doing tomorrow?""Putting studs in my truck"
Sorry, couldn't help it. (Would be nice if we could change the background color for easier reading)
Old 04-03-2008, 05:51 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by TexasCTD
By the way.....The more I drive this transmission.....The sweeter it is!!!

It has about 1300 miles on it now...since the build. It just hooks and goes, firm shifts.....you can def. tell a tremendous difference. The rpms are so low around town but the motor doesn't seem like it's struggling at all. Much quieter going up a steep hill on the Central service road near my house.

I haven't beat on it much.......but it doesn't seemed phased by it all. Towed the Toyhauler to Oklahoma a couple of weeks ago.....just cruised.

Anybody on the fence about a built trans.....I have no reservations about recommending DTT, the DTT Triple Disc TC, or James Northum's work!

Well it's about time you got the tranny done!!!!

So how's everything going?

MikeyB
Old 04-03-2008, 07:11 PM

Well ya'll,
Can't make it to Ennis this weekend. Was supposed to get my roof on this week, but the weather put the brakes on that. They are going to do it this weekend now

~Rob

Quick Reply: DTR #8 April Meet in Ennis