TXDTR #42 Forum for the Texas chapter #42

November Stephenville area DTR #42

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 03:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Il be at the meeting. I think Im gonna wait to dyno my truck. I just ordered a big intercooler for ol blue .
Old 11-12-2007, 03:52 PM

I don't think i'm gonna be able to make it, I'll either be working or watching my daughter that night and i don't want to drive that far with my little girl in the jeep on my current tires, hopefully i'll be getting some new ones and a bit of a lift in a few weeks though.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:06 PM

I'll miss, gotta be out of town. Sorry I haven't been around, I've been busy as heck
Old 11-12-2007, 06:57 PM

Well back on the cdl thing, I guess fort worth takes it pretty seriously. I was sitting on the side of the road just tightening up my chains today, and the fw highway code enforcement pulled up behind me for a "routine check", which turned out to be a routine bad day. Evidently a one ton ford with a 32ft flat bed requires a cdl cause the weight limit is over 26k. Got tickets left and right, one being no class a cdl
Old 11-12-2007, 07:03 PM

I think you need to fight that one, or at least talk to a lawyer, my understanding is if it's being used for farm/ranch or personal use no cdl req'd. But for commercial use, i.e. hot shotting or something along those lines req's cdl and dot numbers, but i could be wrong.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:11 PM

Its not farm use for his grandpa though...its a steel business. He said the cop told him how to get out of the tickets and wrote them to where they would get dropped. sounds like a dandy cop to me...
Old 11-12-2007, 07:33 PM

Ya it was a really nice cop but he still wrote me tickets. But ya he told me he was bein nice and writing tickets that I could get dropped
Old 11-12-2007, 09:40 PM

Sorry guys been a little busy and today I was talkin to some guys at glacier, we have a small issue with coles truck, and was trying to resolve.

Matt I will see whats going on that would be fine with me I think there is a show in dallas that The boss man was going to and hopefully I wont have to take anything so I will let everyone know tomm.

Randy whats the ford that you have?

Jordan, hows your cooler workin out?

Tweeder, did I give you the price on the stacks? I thought that I did but I am kinda slow sometimes.

I am ready for a meet tho I have missed like the last three and I also have been a busy fellow and have went riding the harley a few times and been outa town.

Guys be careful and bytheway cops are really on peoples but for the smoke, I received a polution ticket warning which they said was a ..... $800 dollar fine, I asked him since I knew him pretty well, I told him that there was no reason for a ticket and he said that the epa has envaded texas and that they are ready to stop "street smoke" he says lol lol lol just a heads up to really watch it.
Jason
Old 11-12-2007, 10:16 PM

My ford is a 79 f150 4wd on 36s.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by rbrettctd
My ford is a 79 f150 4wd on 36s.
With a custom camo paint job created by the cole/unger body shop....lol
Old 11-12-2007, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by J7 Diesel
Sorry guys been a little busy and today I was talkin to some guys at glacier, we have a small issue with coles truck, and was trying to resolve.

Matt I will see whats going on that would be fine with me I think there is a show in dallas that The boss man was going to and hopefully I wont have to take anything so I will let everyone know tomm.

Randy whats the ford that you have?

Jordan, hows your cooler workin out?

Tweeder, did I give you the price on the stacks? I thought that I did but I am kinda slow sometimes.

I am ready for a meet tho I have missed like the last three and I also have been a busy fellow and have went riding the harley a few times and been outa town.

Guys be careful and bytheway cops are really on peoples but for the smoke, I received a polution ticket warning which they said was a ..... $800 dollar fine, I asked him since I knew him pretty well, I told him that there was no reason for a ticket and he said that the epa has envaded texas and that they are ready to stop "street smoke" he says lol lol lol just a heads up to really watch it.
Jason
What'd you find out from glacier?
Old 11-12-2007, 11:16 PM

Jason, yeah you got me the prices I told my friend but I havnt heard anything from him yet.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:35 AM

I didn't know it was for the steel business, sounds like a good cop though, not bustin your chops too bad.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:23 AM

Before:

Once:

Now:
Old 11-14-2007, 11:41 AM

Jason, that cooler is working good!!! Been in the shop for the past week, tranny kinda shot again. So it's getting fixed then up for sale! You know of anyone looking please let me know. I'm going to be getting an International single axle day cab to do all my hauling, then another truck for personal use. It looks like I might be able to join the 3rd gen group Matt!!! How about that! Just am waiting on insurances right now. I'm picking up the paperwork tomorrow for the loan on the International. Located a few.

Travis - I'll let you know when I'm gonna head out to look at some of these trucks and would appreciate you coming along, I'm heading to Houston tomorrow for another jobsite and then to CO. It will be when I'm back probably as soon as I have the funds, hopefully mid Dec. first part of the year. I'm gonna try callin you tomorrow too, have some more questions for ya.

Quick Reply: November Stephenville area DTR #42