TXDTR #42 Forum for the Texas chapter #42

42 For the Summer Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 11:28 AM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
42 For the Summer Thread

OK guys, I'm probably not going to be here for the summer, and I'm betting a lot of people aren't going to be either.
Feel free to use this thread to get gatherings together.
Old 05-01-2008, 12:50 PM

I'll have all of the info on the summer's pull schedule, if anyone wants to keep informed. Anyone planning on going to the Mt. Calm pull?
Old 05-01-2008, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by WCDevillier
I'll have all of the info on the summer's pull schedule, if anyone wants to keep informed. Anyone planning on going to the Mt. Calm pull?
I would like to but have a fishing trip scheduled that weekend. I will make the next one after....can't remember the date. I got the "lost in the mail" ignition module in yesterday that prevented me from pulling last weekend
Old 05-12-2008, 09:46 PM

Sweetwater pull this Friday and Saturday. I'm going. If anyone want's to tag along or needs a lift, lemme know.
Old 05-15-2008, 07:56 AM
Chapter President

Hmmm, I'm torn, I'd like to go to the pull since Sweetwater is only about an hour and a half from me, but my best friend is going to the Hooters Car Show in Odessa, so may have to go to Odessa. (And not just for him LOL)
Old 05-22-2008, 09:47 PM

ok fella's I got me another dodge, whats up on a gtg
Old 05-23-2008, 08:51 AM
Chapter President

Haha, welcome back to the goat herd.
I'm not going to be able to put a meeting together, so consider yourself an honorary meeting maker. Randy, Shelby, and WCD are still in the area, who knows who all else is around.
Old 05-23-2008, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by J7 Diesel
ok fella's I got me another dodge, whats up on a gtg
You sell trucks at J7....Jason??
Old 05-24-2008, 10:05 AM

Thats me well kinda I really dont sell many vehicles, I am more of the accessories guy. But if needed I can sell one or two. You have the red truck that we always stare at when it goes by huh. I would like to see that. When you get a chance stop buy, shoot the breeze or whatever.
Jason
Old 05-24-2008, 09:34 PM

Yeah, I have the red GMC crew cab. I live out on 377 so I go by daily.

I am the guy that got REAL ****** when your boss sold an 86 cab and chassis fire truck that we had been working a deal for two weeks....needed harness, tires and a bed. That was my first idea for a 6B swap, but the GMC came along and I am glad I ended up with it.

I will stop some time.

Chris
Old 05-26-2008, 11:11 AM

Ok I remember that deal, sorry about that! Looks like you got a cool truck now though. Glad to see that you got that done.
Jason
Old 05-27-2008, 02:02 PM

I'm over it and I got a better truck in the end.

It was my first dealings there and I had heard nothing but bad things about J7. It just solidified my initial impression in the office when I had the displeasure of listening to Terry's arrogant rantings.

His wife tried to buy my truck up at the gym one day(she is as nice as can be) and left an open ended offer if I ever sold it. She already knew all about it so I knew someone up there was paying attention and had probably looked it over.

Someone even told me they heard I bought it from J7....which was news to me.
Old 05-27-2008, 05:21 PM

That would be some interesting news for you I bet!! Jessi is as nice a person you can meet. Terry is interesting individual but all in all he is a great person to deal with once you get him calmed down if you can!!! Since I started in early 06 I have been trying to get the image or reputation up of this place. I am a local guy so everyone knows me and if I do a bad job it gets around. I dont need that kinda problem on my shoulders. Any way glad you got a truck put together and sorry for you unpleasant dealings with J7. If you do ever need anything call and ask for me and I will do everything I can to help.
Jason
Old 05-27-2008, 09:39 PM

I am glad to hear you are working on the rep of the company. Honestly, I wish I had heard good things. I am a truck enthusiast and a puller(I have seen you hanging around pulls), and I know you guys have some connections. I actually have a truck for sale you guys might have some interest in. We are getting it back together now for sale, and it should be ready this week. It is an S-10, backhalved, 4link, 10pt cage, alum. interior, 410cid small chevy, turbocharged, EFI, TH350....and a ton of stuff I have forgotten. Basically it is a full blown drag truck, but does have a street exhaust and ET streets so it has been inspected in the past. It is a nice truck, but I am selling it to fund a pulling project. PM me if it is something you have interest in.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:28 PM

I'm right there with you on the bad experience with J7.

Quick Reply: 42 For the Summer Thread