Towing and Hauling / RV Discuss towing and hauling here. Share your tips and tricks. RV and camping discussion welcome.

Who has experience with Kaufman dump trailers?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2016, 11:50 AM

Received 141 Likes on 107 Posts
Who has experience with Kaufman dump trailers?

I'm looking to get a 14' dump trailer. I've been looking around whats available and most are running at around $8k - $9k for a dump trailer that size.

I've been scouring the internet for used ones but generally they're completely hammered and worn out.....and/or they're ridiculously expensive.

So that said, I found that Kaufman sells a dump trailer that looks (per specs) to be built the same as everything else out there but for much much less cash. I thought I'd check around and see what people have to say about them first though.....
Old 01-10-2016, 03:09 PM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Last summer I traded my 5 year old PJ dump for a 14k 14ft Sure Trac dump trailer and I'm very pleased with it. I did think of a Sure trac 8x14 deck over dump but this between the wheels dump is much easier to maneuver in tight spaces even though the wheels are 8.5ft wide. I also like the high mounted rear lights and the hitch coupler is one I haven't seen before but much prefer it to the one on my flatdeck. The slide out ramps are very good but too heavy for my usage. One thing I wasn't that keen about was the fact it was a one way cylinder, power up gravity down, but if you've had the battery go flat after you got the load in the air with a 2 way the gravity down makes more sense and cuts the pump and battery usage in half. At the time I bought mine my son bought a used one for not that much less money, it was not that old but the pump went on it and it was very rusted and not maintained at all with most of the grease nipples plugged or missing, it too was a PJ and I've found that their paint is very poor. You buy a new one, keep feeding it grease and it will last, amazing what preventive maintenance will do.
Old 01-11-2016, 11:44 AM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
I took a look at these Kaufman's and they do look good with a couple of nice features, I like the new door hold back system. The prices are very good I notice because of the "factory direct" sales. I also came across a "ripoff article about an axle coming off and there being a hassle about warranty but when you read further and look at the pictures Kaufman was correct in their determination. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one of their heavy duty dumps just wish I knew about them sooner.