Towing and Hauling / RV Discuss towing and hauling here. Share your tips and tricks. RV and camping discussion welcome.

Shipping Boat from MT to VA

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 12:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shipping Boat from MT to VA

Trying to figure out how to get my 18' jet boat (on trailer) shipped from MT to VA. I called a few boat shipping co's and their prices seem really high. I have considered using U-Ship, but I get a lot of conflicting bad/good stories about their services.

Any ideas???
Old 01-21-2015, 05:50 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Time for a road trip I wouldn't trust ANYBODY moving my boat but me....if you do pay someone be certain you and He have the proper insurance.
Old 02-28-2015, 10:47 PM

So you know I run as a driver for U-Ship. I am leased to Star Fleet transportation and use U-Ship for back hauls. Do your home work but I have pulled many boats for people and have had no issues ever, Knock on wood. Your route is not one I would normally try to bid on because my home yard is in Northern Indiana. after securing a bid I always am able to provide a copy of my towing insurance and dot documentation, so ask for that.
Any driver should do a full inspection of your unit before leaving but U-ship can be a very good resource.
Old 12-06-2020, 02:27 PM

Hi friend. Having your car and posting it to show other people is cool, especially if you love and appreciate your car. Cars are man's best friend (no offense to dogs) and we use them every day. But one of the most important is a car (which we drive) and we must take care of it. But the most important thing is how we all the same we look after her. It’s worth starting at least with the fact that it’s okay to transport it if we are transporting it somewhere. And so that both you and your car are pleased, you can use the high-quality service provided by Shippin a car across the USA and not only in this country. High-quality service and experience of employees will definitely not leave you indifferent to this service and this company. I've heard a lot of reviews about these guys.